7-8

Chapter 7: Confession In Disguise

Gu Zheng had a good-looking face.

Below his thick and dark brows was a pair of amorous peach blossom eyes. When he squinted, he made others see a trace of affection.

It was a pity that although he had good looks, he had a nasty mouth. The words he said were always unpleasant.

Qiao Xi rolled her eyes. She did not ask Gu Zheng if he was easy to take care of and directly walked toward the dining room.

Ten minutes later, exquisite dishes were served one after another.

Qiao Xi took a bite. It was still the familiar bitter taste.

Opposite her, Gu Zheng’s well-defined fingers were holding onto the chopsticks. His hands were comparable to a work of art.

Sensing that Qiao Xi’s gaze had been lingering on his hand, Gu Zheng asked without even raising his head, “Does looking at my hand increase your appetite?”

Qiao Xi said righteously, “I can’t just look at it. I have to kiss it.”

Gu Zheng: “…”

He had underestimated how shameless this woman was.

Pulling out a napkin, Gu Zheng slowly wiped his mouth with it. “I’m very curious. Are you so rash with everyone?”

Even though they had registered their marriage and were legally a married couple, it was still a fact that they only had their first meeting today.

“Of course not.”

After all, in all these years, Qiao Xi had never met someone like Gu Zheng who could make her taste something sweet.

“You’re very special.” This was Qiao Xi’s evaluation of Gu Zheng.

“Special?”

Gu Zheng raised his eyebrows with a smile, his handsome face like a spring breeze. “Is this a confession in disguise?”

Confession?

With all the knowledge that Qiao Xi had learned in the past 23 years, she was unable to analyze how Gu Zheng connected the word ‘special’ to a confession.

She shook her head. “I’m not confessing. I just like your hands.”

She made no attempt to hide her desire.

She had tasted too many bitter things, so being able to taste something sweet was extremely tempting to her.

Qiao Xi even had the evil thought of cutting off Gu Zheng’s finger and taking it away.

Like his hands? Could it be that she had a hand fetish? Gu Zheng was deep in thought.

After dinner, Qiao Xi got up and walked to the third floor. As she did not turn around, she did not see Gu Zheng’s speechless expression.

Was this woman really going to share a room with him?

In the bedroom on the third floor, the phone that she had casually tossed onto the coffee table earlier was ringing. Qiao Xi picked it up and looked at the caller ID before walking toward the balcony.

The moment the call connected, Gu Moling’s impatient and vicious voice was heard.

“Qiao Xi, are you dead? Why haven’t you been answering my calls?!”

Without waiting for Qiao Xi’s reply, he continued, “Although I can’t wait for you to quickly die and be buried with my unborn son, I don’t want you to die so easily. I want to torture you and have you experience a life worse than death. I want you to know the consequences of provoking the Gu family and killing the children of the Gu family!”