Chapter 36

Morgan Smith

The party Ann's office was holding is around the corner and ninety-seven percent of the preparations were already sorted out. Ann's boss was wise to let her do the job and I am not hyping her because I know her but because what she has done so far was superb.

I am also grateful to GOD that our exams are finally done and dusted. No more pressure since it's just graduation that is left for us seniors. We came and we conquered after four years of study. Phew!

I haven't actually thought about what I wanted to do after graduation. I know for a fact that Ricardo will just fully concentrate on their textile business and I am so excited for him and his brother.

I might consider settling for the interior decorations at the moment till I decide on what exactly I want to focus on for the future. I am still young and it isn't too late to find out what I need to do for myself.

Decorations for Mrs. Addison are almost done and I could see the appreciative look her face bared each time I update her on what has been done. She and her family love what I have done or let me say what GOD helped me to do.

Ann would always tell me that it was GOD who gave us the power to do anything for ourselves and for others and just like she would say, 'I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me' Yep, that is the phrase.

I really can't remember where in the Bible, she told me it is located but I will ask her later.

Presently, I want to buy the final design I wanted to use for Mrs. Addison's home which would be for her front door and kitchen. It's not that necessary but I wanted to gift it to her and her family for being so kind and awesome towards me as I worked with them to give their home a great feel and look.

Ann and Elvis have been going pretty well lately. I honestly haven't seen her this happy, joyful and so full of life. She was all those while I stayed with her but with Elvis around, the glow is there, and all those just multiplied.

I am so happy for them and wish them all the best.

Ricardo has been... I don't know, he seems far away sometimes and when I ask what was wrong, he would just say nothing and brush it off by changing the topic and making me swoon with his sweet words.

Even when I persisted, it was the same and it keeps me worried for him all the time. I had thought we had passed the stage of keeping things from each other but I guess I thought wrong. I am his girlfriend and I want him to be confined in me to say whatever is in his mind that makes him happy, sad, distant, and all.

I will pray for him just like Ann would suggest when things aren't in my power again.

I am just waiting for when the party would commence so that I can enjoy a pre-graduation party/relaxation time, then my graduation would come and there would be a post-graduation party for us all.

"Morgan?" I heard Ann's voice come from downstairs, so I put the book I drew a few designs on my bed then went out of my room and down the stairs to answer her.

"Yeah?" I answered when I was downstairs.

My eyes widened when I saw who was sitting on one of the kitchen stools in the kitchen. His back was turned to me but I knew who it was just staring at his back. He turned to me and I saw that he was chewing on something before he held his hands out to me.

I went into his embrace and Ann excused us, saying that she needed to pick up some groceries.

"Ricardo, it seems like I haven't seen you in years," I say when we let go of the hug and I sat on one of the stools closer to him.

He chuckled and returned back to eating, I went to grab a bowl and poured myself some cereal to join him in eating the meat he was eating with the cereal.

"When did you come? You would have called me" I said to him then poured some milk into my bowl.

"I am so sorry for not being available for a while. I had some business to take care of and you know because of our exams, I had to move the work till after we were done with exams so it piled up for me and I have to attend to them immediately and I came in not too long ago. I was hungry and Ann offered me this" he pointed to his plate and I nod my head.

"I understand and I know for a fact that when you are finally done with graduation, you will be working full-time in your company and since Richard still has a year to go, the work will be mostly on you," I say to him and ate a piece of meat.

"I will try to make out time for us. We still have lot and lots of dates to go to before we get married then our after-marriage dates will begin when we get married" he took my hand in his and kissed my palm.

My cheeks burned from the words he said and I bite my bottom lip to hide the grin that wanted to stay permanent on my lips. "Already ahead of yourself, eh?" I asked and he winked at me.

"I want to marry you and I will make sure that I put in more effort like you always do to make this relationship between us sweet, beautiful, and memorable," he said and I had to bury my face in my palm because I am not sure my face would be able to contain the smile that it held.

"You just have the right word to say" I raised my head to look at him as I bit my bottom lip to stifle the giggle.

"To the right woman, yes I do" he winked at me again and I rolled my eyes at him "You love it, okay?" he took my hand and kissed my knuckles.

"I know I do" I agreed and we continued eating as we talked about our plans after graduation and different other things. In between, I managed to ask about what has been bothering him but he just told me that he would tell me when he was ready to let it go.

I was totally understanding and just nod my head. When he is ready as he said, he would tell me and I will be here as always to render my shoulders for him to cry on and my arms would be wide open for him to get in my embrace.

We were done eating in no time and I brought him up to my room so that I can show him what I have been up to which he was pretty impressed with. He gave me some advice and what needs adjustment but commend me for my work.

I found an amazing mother in a friend and a bestie in a boyfriend. I am so lucky.

"We are expanding to Mexico by the last week in November" he blurts out and I stopped drawing to look at him with my eyes slightly larger than they were.

'LORD, please tell me he is serious' I prayed within me and he responded.

"I am serious" I must have thought out loud.

"Babe, I am so glad for you" I jumped on him and he received my hugs and told me how he was able to acquire the land and have some top businessmen invest in his company without him reaching out to them.

That is what only GOD can do and it gives me joy that GOD is working in each and every one of our lives gradually and I am sure that I will be able to trust his process and not ask for too much but just thank him.

He is great and greatly to be praised.