Chapter 4

Morgan Smith

I am almost done with preparing the dinner for our girl's night since Ann said that she would be coming in early. Last, I check it was almost seven and mostly she gets home by five or five-thirty in the evening but she seems to be running late today.

A call came in and I checked to see Ricardo's name show on the screen so I picked it up and put it on loudspeaker as I arranged the cups and plates we would need.

"Hey baby" he greets and I smiled.

"Hi," I say back.

"How are you doing? Is Ann back yet?" he asked.

"I am good, thanks. You? And Ann isn't back yet, she is taking a bit longer to get home but I am positive that she will be home in no time" I told him then took out a small plastic of ice cream to eat before she comes back.

"Okay, how is your pre-girl's night going?" he asked and I chuckled.

"Okay, I guess. I just finished preparing dinner and arranging all the utensils we I'll need" I told him and took two spoons in my mouth.

"What did you make?" he inquired and I told him about a variety of food I prepared from fried rice to potato pudding, chicken, fish pie, and others with some cocktails.

"Yummy, I can tell that they taste and look good" he comments and I giggled.

"Maybe I'll make you some whenever I come over to your place" I walked around the counter to sit on one of the stools behind it.

Just as I sat down the door opened and I turned to see Ann come inside looking tired.

"Ann just came in," I said then greet her "Hi Ann" she smiled and came to stand behind me as she looked down at the counter.

"You really are good with all these" she pats my shoulder and I smiled in response.

"I have to go now, I will talk to you later Ricardo," I said and disconnected when he responded.

"I am sure that you will like it" I assured her and she grinned.

"I will go and freshen up then come back, so we can start our night," she said and excused herself while I transferred the plates to the living room and created a small but cozy environment for us both.

In about five minutes, she was back downstairs already out of her work clothes and looking refreshed.

"You're done dishing it out?" she came to join me in the living room and I nod my head.

"Yes, I am sure you will love what I prepared," I told her and she grinned then settled beside me and we started serving ourselves from the dishing plate. "I got some freshly picked orange juice from John at the store, it's right beside you" I pointed to the juice I extracted.

"You really put in so much effort in this" she comments and I smiled.

"Thank you, it's been a while since we had anything like this and I want it to be really good and relaxing for us both," I told and she took the first bite from the rice chicken I made then nodded her head and gave me a thumbs up.

"Bravo girl" she continued eating and I eat the vegetable and chicken pasta I treated myself to "How is school?"

"School was really great, how about you? How is work?"

"Work is awesome, just a bit tiring but you know that's what makes it work, eh?" we giggled "Remember this party that is usually held at my place of work?" she asked after a moment of silence.

I turned to look at her remembering the past ones she had invited me to then I nod my head positively to her question.

"Same month as last year," I asked and she nods.