Prologue

Theseus warns Emma, Newt, and Queenie about Dumbledore's plans because the bastard goat still thinks he knows best. *sigh*

***

All conversation ceased to exist when silver magic twirled through the air, and Emma stared at the niffler that had just bounded into the living room.

It didn't belong to Newt's Patronus, as the magizoologist and Queenie were sitting on either side of her. They had been going over a plan for Diagon Alley, and Emma had never seen Newt pull his wand. There was only one person, therefore, the Patronus could be from.

Sure enough, as the niffler perched on the coffee table and started to speak, Theseus's voice rang in the room. "Dumbledore shared that Emma sent a confirmation letter that Harry would be attending Hogwarts," he announced. "That means he knows you will be coming to Britain prior to the school year so Harry can get his school supplies in Diagon Alley. Don't tell me when you plan on coming, just in case my Occlumency shields slip. Just be aware that whenever you come to Britain and to Diagon Alley, you will likely have his spies trying to sniff you out and find out where you live. For my sake, all of you . . . be careful."

Emma stared long and hard at the Patronus, not saying a word. It was finally Newt who nodded in acceptance, dismissing the niffler. As it dissolved, Emma finally gave Newt a deadpan look. "Your brother does know we - or at least you - use glamours every time we're in public in Britain, right?"

Queenie burst out laughing at Newt's blushing face. "Oh, honey, that is going to be my new memory for a Patronus!"

"Shut up, Queenie," Newt seethed, though his glare was not very effective with scarlet cheeks. and a badly hidden grin.

Emma raised an eyebrow, but she refrained from asking, not sure she even wanted to know. "Well, since it's two weeks until Harry's birthday, and Hogwarts term doesn't start until September first, we can go to Diagon Alley sometime in the middle of August," Queenie changed the subject, giving Emma a smile. "Harry won't be alone, Emma. Never again."

Emma knew that, of course she did. But she couldn't help but worry over her son and the old goat people call a hero. If only they knew what he did behind the scenes to the people he called "friends."

Emma knew Dumbledore would try to find out where she lived with Harry, especially after her reveal of the houses she was Lady Regent of. He had sent her a letter, claiming that Emma would need him to help Harry adjust to the Wizarding World, but instead of answering him, she gave it to Harry to burn. He did so happily.

Dumbledore had tried to explain how it was hard for young witches and wizards who grew up in the muggle world to adjust, and offered his help. Then he went on to say that he was what was best for Harry, that he was the best choice for his mentor. Emma rolled her eyes so hard she gave herself a headache. She'd read Dumbledore's letter aloud to Newt and Queenie and both of them scoffed, and then laughed, knowing Harry was just as prepared for life in the Wizarding World as a pureblood. In fact, he was probably better off than some purebloods - he had been raised in a wizarding environment, but all three adults in his life knew how to live as Muggles, too. He knew the best ways to introduce Muggle-raised witches and wizards to their new world. Not many purebloods could say that like he could.

Emma turned to Queenie, smiling at her. "I know, and I am so thankful for you. Both of you," she added as she wrapped her arms around her surrogate siblings' shoulders, drawing them into a hug.

Emma settled against Newt and Queenie as she leaned into their sides, laughing when Newt scowled at Tennie, who was on his lap and aiming to steal the remote to the TV from his hand. She watched him wrestle it from her, and proceed to turn on the TV, the small animal chittering irritably at him.

She had her family, and even though her son would be leaving come September 1st, she knew they would be fine.

***

Short, simple, to the point. Don't you love prologues when they behave like they should?

Welcome to the official start of "The Lion's Den!" As we've likely told all of you, this book is covering "The Sorcerer's Stone" and ONLY "The Sorcerer's Stone." No Storybrooke yet - we figured that introduction should include Harry. ;)

Get ready to see a lot of introductions when Harry and Emma next arrive in Britain. They've got a lot of work to do finding friends when they're strangers in a strange(ish) land!

~ Miss Moffat

***

Hi! Welcome to the prologue - even though its short - of the "The Lion's Den!" We are so glad we are officially starting with this book! I can't believe it took less than two months to finish the prequel. I've never finished a book that fast, but I suppose I have Miss Moffat to help with my writers block for these chapters XD (*salutes* That's why we decided to co-write! XD - Miss Moffat) We build off of each other better than i thought we would when we started this adventure, but i wouldn't change it for the world. Building this world is one of my favorite things in the world. I can't wait to continue this series. (Amen to that! - Miss Moffat)

We love you!

As always, stay sweet, stay cool, and stay reading xx

~ Miss Singer <3