Epilogue

Our saviors get a surprise visit from someone Emma never thought she'd see again.

***

Four days after Harry got home from summer break, they were in the bakery preparing pastries for the morning Friday breakfast rush. Harry had been taught cleaning spells from a young age, so he was discreetly magically cleaning the tables and floors of the bakery when there were lulls in customers as well as helping customers as needed when they came in.

Harry wasn't supposed to be using his magic outside of school, but he was doing so anyway to keep his potent magic at bay since he couldn't be traced. Ever since his confrontation with Voldemort, his magic had been going haywire, and he'd had to work extra hard to control his emotions so he didn't hurt anyone. The things Quirrell had said to him had brought up memories of the Dursleys he hadn't known really existed, and so his entire vacation so far, the few days it was, had been very exhausting and magic consumed, filled with magic lessons and magical creatures to calm himself down. He had a sneaking suspicion his magic was off the rails like it was because he hadn't been separated from Draco, Hermione and Neville this long in nearly six months, and his magic was always stronger and in control when he was with them.

He'd been at the bakery with Emma and Queenie since noon when Emma started work, and it was now around seven that night, the time the bakery closed for the day, and Harry was helping the last customer pack her pastries, cookies and cakes up into a pretty bag. He walked her to the door, smiled and waved at her before closing the door and bringing the blinds down as his mum and aunt finished putting the rest of the goods and things into the display cases and placing stasis charms on them to keep them fresh and warm.

"Emma, it won't work unless you relax," she told Emma, who'd been attempting a simple Accio since that morning. "You can do this, Emma. Release your magic. You're keeping it bottled in, and that's not safe. Sooner or later you are going to explode, and your magic will release with it, and that magic can hurt someone. You know that. Cissa told me you've lashed out at Lucius during training before, hun. I know it's hard to control, but you need to work through the fear of using your magic. I can feel the trepidation coming off of you, Em."

"I know!" Emma groaned in frustration, running a hand over her hair, her blonde tresses appearing to spark with her constrained magic. "I just - I can't help it! I'm terrified I'm going to lose control. Even with you and Cissa helping me I can't seem to get a handle on it. Ever since He got a hold of my son like a prize to be won, Harry's been losing control of his magic, and it's making my own go insane because I can't protect him from it."

Queenie sighed, wishing she could help Emma take that fear away. "I know, Emma, but you have to try. Getting angry and frustrated isn't going to help; being scared is going to get you or someone you love hurt. You won't always be around to help him, as loathe as I am to admit it."

Emma nodded, sighing as she placed more niffler cookies with pink, blue, purple and green frosting on a tray. "I know," she sighed.

As Emma went back to attempting the Summoning Charm, Queenie's head shot up from organizing another tray of a new recipe of hers, a Qilin-shaped banana cinnamon muffin, when she heard thoughts about Emma Swan, evil mothers, and children's fairy tales. She frowned as she listened, knowing it wasn't Harry, since she couldn't read his mind. It didn't sound like Emma (who was still focused on successfully using her magic without risking blowing up the bakery) and Newt was at the reserve basking in his new familiar bond with Arete. He'd been spending more time with her over the last few months, determined to give the Qilin the best life possible, and Arete had recently chosen to bond with him.

She knew what was coming before she heard it; the door rattled with a knock, and Harry frowned in confusion as he looked at Queenie. "The bakery is closed, isn't it, Aunt Queenie?" He double checked the time; when Queenie nodded and sighed, he walked to her, and she wrapped her arm around his shoulders.

Emma walked to the door with a frown, unlocked it, and pulled it open, not immediately seeing the boy in front of her. He cleared his throat, and she looked down at him in surprise. "Can I help you, kid? The bakery is closed," she told him and went to shut the door, but he just ducked under her arm and entered the bakery. She raised an eyebrow as she shut the door and crossed her arms. "Did you hear me, kid? I said we're closed," she told him again, and finally, the kid turned to look at her.

"Are you Emma Swan?" he asked, ignoring her previous words.

"Yes?" She held out the word and narrowed her eyes. The boy's eyes, familiar for some reason to her, brightened in glee, and she sighed, knowing the kid wasn't going anywhere until he got what he wanted. "How can I help you?" she asked tiredly.

"My name's Henry Mills. Did you give up a baby for adoption eleven years ago?"

Emma narrowed her eyes. "How do you know about that?" She walked back to Harry and Queenie, who both immediately got closer to her, Harry latching onto her waist. "Who are you?" Her grip tightened around Harry's shoulders as Queenie gasped, hearing Henry's thoughts and knowing it was true before he said anything.

"Like I said: my name is Henry. I'm your son."

"What?!"

***

We're officially done with the second installment of "The Savior Fables". We loved writing this book, but we can't wait to get to Storybrooke! It's only gonna get crazier from here on out folks, so be prepared. How'd you like the Henry cameo/cliffhanger?

As always, stay safe, stay sane, and stay cool xx

See you soon in "Operation Cobra!"

 ~ Miss Singer <3 <3

***

*exhales and flops back on couch* Whew, boy, was this a ride! XD This was such a joy to write because it was so much fun navigating new Hogwarts dynamics . . . and honestly, this is probably the easiest Hogwarts adventure we'll ever write because if you thought our plot changes here were crazy, you have no idea what we're planning for the future books!

Kudos go once again to Miss Singer for finishing the epilogue (I just like to write XD ~ Miss Singer). We're itching to get to Storybrooke, and it's finally here! We'll get our fairytale characters with some twists (Don't forget the wild crack ships we've come up with now, Miss Moffat XD ~ Miss Singer - oh pfft, we've created a goddamn armada of crackships) no one will see coming . . . and we will be rubbing our hands together like evil geniuses as we watch you all lose your minds XD So, who's ready for the next chapter of the fables?

So, keep an eye out! To be continued in "Operation Cobra!"

~ Miss Moffat