Chapter Two

Harry and Draco collect their birthrights and then it's pure Draco/Harry fluff.

***

"I'll see you soon, Mia!" Harry said to Hermione, grinning at her. He and Draco had started calling her "Mia" because they didn't like saying her full name (it was too long, though they didn't dare say that in front of her parents) and they wanted a special nickname no one else would call her. When asked, Hermione gave them Mia instead of 'Mione, which was her parents' personal nickname for her

Hermione was getting ready to leave with her parents, and the three of them were exchanging ways to talk to the others. Draco and Harry were going to exchange letters when they didn't see each other, which his mother and Lucius said would be very often when they weren't at school, and Hermione and Harry were going to call each other on their home Muggle phones. Draco had run off to get his father's permission to give Hermione their address and a slip of paper to throw into the fire with an enchantment to allow Floo access to Malfoy Manor.

He pulled her in for a hug, just as Draco tripped over his shoes as he skidded to a stop in front of them and fell into both of them. They didn't fall onto the yellow cobblestone, but they almost did. "Draco!" both Harry and Hermione yelled, turning glares onto Draco, who shrugged helplessly.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to. Anyway, here's my address, Hermione," he handed her a slip of parchment he'd gotten from his father, the reason he'd been running in the first place. "I'm going to assume that the professor who brought you here set up a Floo network in your house?" Hermione nodded. "Then all you have to do is throw a pinch of the Floo powder into the fireplace and say that," he pointed to the parchment, "and it'll bring you to my room either physically or like a call, but my room is where I am most of the time. We can talk any time, okay?" Draco finished, grinning at Hermione's beaming smile.

Hermione nodded excitedly at him. "Thank you! I'll set it up when I can! Same with you, Harry," Hermione said giddly and squealed in laughter when Draco and Harry tugged her into a hug and Draco started tickling her.

"We can do that." Harry grinned, yelping in laughter as well when Hermione poked his ribs. He retaliated by elbowing Draco in the side gently, but not too gently.

"Alright, alright! I give, I give!" Draco laughed, pulling away from them.

They all turned when they heard their parents calling for them, and Hermione waved at them. "I'll see you both in a few weeks!" She picked up her bag of heavy books that Queenie had put a feather light charm on and grinned as she ran off to her parents and disappeared with them inside the Leaky Cauldron.

Draco grabbed Harry's hand, and ignored the shock, running over to their parents. Emma smiled at them with gleaming emerald eyes, and, having watched the interaction with Hermione, knew her son would be perfectly fine at Hogwarts. "All set?" she asked her son, who looked at Draco and grinned before nodding at her.

Lucius nodded. "Then let's go," he said as he took Narcissa's arm and placed it in the crook of his elbow like Newt did with Emma's and Queenie's, placing them in the creases of his elbows. Draco and Harry stayed with their hands locked in place together as they all started walking down the Alley towards Gringotts.

***

After whispering to each other for a few minutes, in heated voices and wild gestures, Harry and Draco looked up at their parents from where they were seated at the head of the table in the conference room where they would be gaining their heirships and rings. Gornuk was currently getting the rings Harry and Draco would receive from their vaults.

"Hey mum?" Harry asked, his voice loud in the quiet — other than the quiet hum of Narcissa, Queenie and Newt's conversation, and Lucius and Emma's even quieter conversation — room.