148 | New Rank

"HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT, holy shit!" Ari repeatedly chants while walking towards the Great Hall, instantly making Ervin smack him on the head because of how much he was cussing.

     "Ari, can you please calm down," Max says, but Ari shakes his head and grabs hold of his dear friend's shoulder, making Max understand why this was such a big deal.

     "No, you don't understand. Sir Barron was hinting at something earlier. He knows the results of your new rank. He knows what your standing now is. He wouldn't say something like that to you if it wasn't a big deal," Ari explains, and even though he wants to act humble and disagree with it, Max knows that Ari's right.

     Based on what their class advisor just said, it's pretty obvious that Max was able to rank high, maybe even higher than any of them would expect.

     "You were in rank 85, and with all the points you acquired last month, you probably got 50 ranks higher, maybe even more," Ervin tells him.

     "But whatever it is, you're getting closer to your goal in penetrating the Elites," Felix adds.

     "Not just that, but we also finished the club month too. Club activities have two sides to them, if you chose the right club, you'll get a lot of points like Ervin and me, but if you didn't then it would be a disadvantage. Looking at the top 10 rankers, I can see that not all of them acquired high points from their club activities," Ari then explains, which made a lot of sense.

     President Ian and vice president Gavriil are from the Broadcasting and Newspaper club in J.S High respectively. Their clubs can't really get a lot of activities compared to, let's say, rank 10 Antonio Fernández de la Paz who's a member of the Theatres Guild.

     Clubs with consistent activities can acquire a lot of points, and it seems like not everyone in the top 10 fits that category.

     "Do you think the Elites will change again?" Felix then asks.

    "Not sure about the Holy Three: Ian, Gavriil, and Richard, but Heaven and Dustin's rank might change. Who knows," Ari answers as the four friends finally enter the Great Hall.

     The cafeteria was already packed with white uniforms. Everyone was talking amongst themselves, and J.S High's very own band, the Monarchs, was even playing in the middle where the stage was placed. Max was surprised that their bassist was already replaced since Heaven J. Carter left them, but it seems like Cj didn't recruit him as his Ashes, just a band member.

     Like before, LED screens were placed everywhere, and a stage was seen in the middle. Such an environment would have made you feel excited, but most of the students were still nervous. After all, ranks are important here.

     "I just realized, but Viktor will be announcing the top ten now. Last time it was Tanis Hendrix since Viktor was gone for a while," Felix points out, making Max and the rest of his friends realize it too as the four of them went to their seats and settled down while waiters arrived and handed them snacks since it was still too early to have lunch.

     The professor of J.S High came as well like before, probably because they wanted to see how much their students improved.

     "The Monthly Reranking Announcement is about to begin. We encourage everyone to head back to their seats and enjoy the complimentary snacks provided. We also advise everyone to watch the screens and listen attentively so you do not miss your rank. Thank you," a voice announces as soon as the Monarchs were finished performing, and everyone finally settled down.