Prologue

Puma sat in the waiting area with other Human-Hybrids, he had applied for a temporary position as a personal assistant, and oddly enough he got an interview.

Other than him, there was a Duck, a Monkey, and a Parrot Human-Hybrids waiting to be interviewed, the first one to go in was the Duck, she was a tall woman, her heels echoed in the waiting room as she walked to her destination, once the door was closed the Parrot Human-Hybrid introduces himself to the Monkey.

They hit it off, talking about nothing of importance to Puma, even when they started talking about him, "My first time witnessing an Owl Human-Hybrid waiting to be interviewed," the Monkey snickered.

"Tell me about it," The Parrot agreed, "I mean, does he really think he has a chance?" he scoffed, "any company would fall to their demise if they hired an Owl Human-Hybrid, let alone a PA for the CEO of said company," he shook his head, "wasting everybody's time here," the Parrot said the last part a little bit louder while glaring at Puma.

Puma looks down at his lap, then up at the curtain wall looking into the meeting room where the interview is held, he locks eyes with the interviewer, a Bat Human-Hybrid, who happens to be heavily pregnant, probably in her third trimester, Puma thought, she smiles at Puma and gestures for him to come in, Puma puts a hand on his chest mouthing "Me?" to the Pregnant Bat. The Bat Human-Hybrid nods her head, and the Owl Human-Hybrid gets up, standing aside and waiting for the Duck to walk out of the meeting room, once the coast is clear, Puma walks in and shakes hands with the Bat-woman Batricia, exchanging pleasantries, and introducing themselves to each other.

"So Puma, I've read your file, and clearly you have the job experience, albeit they all seem to be short-term jobs, as a reference, they all vouched for your work ethics and your productivity, tell me Puma, it's clear that you've left an impression on them, how come you didn't stay when they offered to extend your contract?" the Interviewer asked, getting right into Puma's job history.

Puma smiled, usually, he doesn't meet interviewers who actually call the list of references he had on his applications, often times they make their own assumptions, so sense she did her job well the Owl Human-Hybrid was happy to provide her with the information she needed.

"It was the same offer, just a few months extra, got the experience I needed, and moved on," he answered honestly.

"So they didn't offer you a long-term position?" Batricia asked."No." Puma shook his head.

She leans back in her chair, rubbing her belly soothingly, "on the phone they made it seem like they gave you a great offer but you were ungrateful and greedy," Batricia recalled.

"discrimination, bad image for companies," Puma clarified.

Batricia nods her head and then sighs, tapping the meeting table with her sharp nails, "why didn't you say anything back there?" she asked, cocking her head to the side.

Puma looks to the side where the Parrot and Monkey Human-Hybrid sitting in the waiting area, glaring daggers at him, "I don't know them, could careless what they thought of me or my Hybridness," he replied.

Batricia stares at him for a while saying nothing, and the Owl Hybrid stares back, Puma was impressed some people would have averted their eyes at the first glance, they think that if their eyes were to lock with an Owl Hybrid, he or she would be cursed with immense misfortune, but not Batricia, she seemed to be studying him, but after years of practice, he learned how to look stoic, with his large doe eyes, it can look intense.

"You should learn how to cover up those dark circles," Batricia pointed, "it would make you look less tired and more present," she advised.

"Noted," Puma replied.

"Okay," Batricia claps her hands together, "I think you'll be my perfect replacement," she says as she pushed her chair back and stood up, "Congrats Puma, you got the job," Batricia congratulates a confused Puma.

"You sure? don't you have to run it by your boss?" Puma asked as he stood up as well.

"Trust me, my word is final," she promises, shaking Puma's hand, "I'll email you the rest of the details in the next period until your work starts, get you ready and informed about your tasks and assignments," she informs, Puma nods his head as he walked out with Batricia, "have a safe trip home, and you two can also head home, we're done for the day," she says to a stunned looking Monkey and a Parrot, "might want to think about who can hear you when you open those mouths of yours," she smiles very sweetly at them.

"He's gonna be your downfall," the Parrot Hybrid warns as he walked by us.

Batricia doesn't give him any mind and waves her hand, loudly saying, "Adieu!" she then turns to Puma, "I'll see you soon Puma, welcome to the Fox Family."