Ch 3

As the hot coffee hits me, a string of gasps follows.

The coffee did make contact with my skin in some areas, like the side of my neck, a little bit on my cheek, my hand which I used to block most of the coffee, and pits and parts of my suit.

It burns. Especially, my hand.

The waiter begins to apologize profusely, I shook my burnt hand off, it burned but I didn't want to show it, especially to the scumbags who planned this, "it's fine," I said, cutting the waiter off mid his apologetic rant.

"What?!" "What?" Asked both the affronted Mr. Raynard and the confused waiter, Mr. Aardwolf was watching amused by the situation, and his assistant Vivian seemed uninterested.

Instead of answering their questions, I asked the waiter as I pushed my chair back and stood up, "Where's the restroom?"

"Uh..." he was hesitant, confused by my reaction perhaps, but he points his index finger to the direction nonetheless, "it's to the left, down the corridor, third door to your right," he said.

"Thank you," I nod my head acknowledging his helpfulness, then turn to excuse myself from the table, and walk away calmly.

Other human hybrids' eyes were on me as I walked through the sea of diners, some avoided eye contact upon locking eyes with me.

Walking down the corridor, the door right across the men's washroom opens, and out comes one of the scheming waiters, more specifically, the waiter who pushed our waiter, he had this smirk on his face, clearly satisfied with what he had done, and I wanted to wipe it off.

"Does it hurt?" I asked as he walked past me, making him pause and turn around.

"Excuse me?" He asked, his face a mixture of confusion and taken back, he probably didn't think I'd say something to him.

"Your shoulder," I said as my eyes fell upon said shoulder, "you pumped really hard into your coworker... was it worth it?" I wondered out loud, dismissing the burning sensation in my hand.

"What was worth it?" He asked confused.

"Pulling such a childish move with your friend," his face turns pale but I continue saying what's on my mind, "and getting yourself mixed in the webs of misfortune, your friend may have done the planning, but you..." I paused as I stepped closer to him, "you, however, executed the plan, what would you have done if I backed away from the table?" I asked.

"..." he doesn't say anything, rather he looks lost for words.

"You should really think about who you surround yourself with," I said, "getting you to do their dirty work so their hands would stay clean was a very manipulative thing to do, no matter who was asking," I pointed out, turning around and heading to my original destination, the restroom.

I push the door open with my uninjured hand, and walk in, heading straight to the sink, opening the water tap, biting my lower lip, I immediately put my burnt hand under the running cool water, then I use my uninjured hand to cool down other areas where the hot coffee had reached.

I must have been away for too long because the next thing I know is Mr. Raynard barging into the restroom.

I turn off the water tap, and grab a paper towel to dry my hands, "I'm sorry, I must have been gone for too long," I apologized, putting my hands behind me, using the uninjured hand to squeeze my forearm above the burn area, squeezing a little too tight, trying to trick my mind into thinking about that area instead.

Mr. Raynard sighs, slipping his hands in his pants pockets, he looks at me, kind of sizing me down, "that's alright, the manager would like to speak with you," He says before he turns away and walks out of the restroom.