• Home •

"I still love her. I should've stopped her." Risa cried after finishing six bottles of beer while Chel listens to his best friend rant about her love life.

"Ang tanga ko! Apaka tanga ko!" Risa is about to grab another bottle of beer to open but Chel stopped her. "Tama na, Ris. Lasing na lasing ka na. Iuwi na kita. For sure hinihintay ka na din nung mga bata." Chel helped Risa to stand up.

"Ayokong umuwi kung wala si Leni dun." Risa glared at Chel. "Pero kailangan mo na umuwi."

It hurts Chel to see his best friend in a state like that. But he knew he can't do anything. He can't bring back his best friend's wife after what happened.

They finally arrive at Leni and Risa's condo. Chel struggled to bring Risa to their unit but eventually they made it, only bumping three times on the wall.

Chel knocked on the door. The door swung open, revealing Aika, who's filled with worry. "Mama Ris, naman." Aika scolded Risa as soon as she saw her. "Ako na po bahala kay Mama Ris, Tito Chel. Thank you po sa pag uwi sa kaniya."

"Wala lang 'yun, Aika. Miss na miss na niya talaga ang Mama niyo. Ayaw pa nga umuwi kanina. Ang gusto niya pag uwi niya nasa condo na din ang Mama mo. Hinatak ko nalang. Bakit kasi sa Naga pa." Chel sighed. "Wala pong magagawa, Tito. Duon po gusto ni Mama." Aika wrapped her arms around her Mama Risa to be her support.

Chel said his goodbye to Risa and Aika. Tricia and Jillian is already asleep, only Aika stayed awake to wait for their Mama Ris to go home. Aika guided Risa to their room. "I can take care of myself, anak. Matulog ka nalang at may work ka pa bukas." Risa lightly pats Aika's cheek. "Pero Mama Ris-"

"No buts. Go to sleep na, anak." Risa pushed Aika to her room. Aika knew she has no choice but to follow her Mama Ris' command.

Risa locked the door before crawling into their bed. She laid on Leni's side of the bed. Leni's scent is still strong on their comforter.

Tears streamed down on Risa's face again. She misses her wife so much. She wants to follow her but she knew she can't. Leni's too far away from Risa that she can't even reach her.

"I'm really sorry, pangga." Risa hugs Leni's pillow, imagining that the pillow is her Leni. That Leni is with her, hugging her, comforting her, and wiping her tears away. Until Risa finally fell asleep, exhausted from work and from crying.

•••••

Risa glared at Leni after being awoken by the smell of Leni's strong coffee and the clanking of the keyboard.

"Matulog ka na kaya." Risa wrapped her arms around Leni's waist, snuggling closer to her. "Konti nalang. Tatapusin ko lang 'to." Leni smiled but her eyes is still on her laptop.

"Uumagahin ka nanaman sa kakaganiyan mo. Let's go to sleep nalang, pangga." Risa closed Leni's laptop and she removed Leni's glasses.

Leni finally shut her eyes after a long day."Pahinga ka na, gha." Risa whispered into Leni's ear. "Ikaw ang pahinga ko sa nakakapagod na mundo. Mahal na mahal kita, pangga." Leni gave Risa her dimpled smile. "Mahal na mahal din kita, pangga."

•••••

Risa woke up from her dream, she doesn't know why she's crying because her dream is supposed to be a happy dream.

"Bakit ba kasi kailangang mangyari amin 'to? Bakit ganto kahirap tanggapin na iniwan mo ako?" Risa sobbed. "Kaya ayaw kong umuuwi dito. Ikaw lang naaalala ko. Sobra ka na, Leni. Ang sakit mong mahalin."

Risa tried her best to contain her sobs but she always fails. She doesn't want their girls to hear her cries and sobs. But little did she know, Tricia can hear her. Tricia wants to give her Mama Ris a hug and tell her that everything will be alright, maybe not now, but soon.

After dreaming about Leni. Risa's tiredness seems to disappear. She can't sleep and stayed awake the whole night, staring at the ceiling. Thinking about the what ifs.

•••••

A few days later, Risa finally got herself together again with the help of Leni's daughters. She decided to go to Naga to visit Leni. She picked up some of Leni's favorite flowers and food from Biggs, also Leni's favorite.

Risa took a deep breath, holding everything as she took a step closer to Leni. "Hello, pangga." Risa smiled. "Binilan kita ng favorite mong flowers and Biggs too."

"Ang ganda naman ng ngiti mo. Sayang, sa pictures ko nalang makikita 'yan. I miss you..." Risa said, as she wiped Leni's grave to clean it. "Pasyensya na ngayon lang ako naka visit. Mahirap parin kasing tanggapin eh."

Risa's heart broke into pieces. She doesn't know if she'll ever move on from Leni. Risa can't help but to blame herself after what happened to Leni. The guilt is still there. There are still I love yous and other words left unsaid.

"Sana pala hindi na kita pinayagan umalis. Hindi ko naman kasi kailangan ng regalo. Ikaw lang sapat na. Sana pinigilan kita o kaya sana sumama ako. Kung sumama ako magkasama parin sana tayo. Apaka hirap ng wala ka, Pangga. Oo, dati wala ka sa piling ko. Pero simula nung dumating ka nakalimutan ko ng mamuhay ng wala ka. Ayokong umuwi sa condo nung una dahil alam kong walang ikaw na sasalubong sakin but I'm wrong. You're there because of the girls. Pero pwede bang bumalik ka na aking tahanan?" Risa cried on Leni's grave, finally letting herself to grieve, a month after Leni's death.

Leni just want to get a late birthday gift for Risa but tragedy stirkes and takes Leni's life.

Since Leni's death, Risa can't go home because her home is already back to her home. But she's slowly building a new one with Leni's daughters.

Home is not just a place, home can be a person. The person who makes you feel loved, comfort, peace, and accepted. It's hard to live without a home. No matter how long it takes to build a home or find a home, you'll find them eventually and everything will be worth the wait.

•••••

Time check! 3:36 am. Ako parin ba?

Good morning siguro?