1: The Old Grandmaster

(8 Years Ago)

(8 Years Ago)

(3rd POV)

A thunderous roar echoed throughout the darkness of the night; heavy rain came down like hellfire upon the valley. The only light that sparked was none other than The Jade Palace Dojo, a place as ancient as China itself. Many legends are told by students over time that trained and found enlightenment here, however, this night was no ordinary night.

Mysterious figures appear in the night, seeming as though they formed from the shadows themselves, running on top of the dojo and entering into the academy. The one taking lead of the group was a large snow leopard wearing nothing on his torso, leaving his ripped pectorales, biceps, triceps and 8 pack abs exposed. He wore nothing more than a pair of black martial arts graded pants, a black sash wrapped around his waist, and martial arts graded sandals. He endured the rain as he walks to the front doors of the dojo, the large, heavy, solid wood doors standing at a height of 12 feet. The snow leopard calmly exhales as he draws both arms back on each side of him, balling his hands into fists before suddenly throwing both fists forward with immense speed and momentum, punching the doors with incredible strength, causing the large door latch lock to break entirely, the heavy wooden doors swinging at great speed and nearly ripping their hinges out of the door frame from the sheer force as they each were only stopped as they slammed into a pillar on each side, the pillars cracking from the forceful impact.

This caught the attention of a nearby student who was studying a scroll as he happened to be walking nearby the front entrance as this occurred, watching as the broken door latch flew by his face, literally missing him by a hair.

Student 1: "What the...?!" Suddenly, the intruder was in front of him.

Before he could react or even comprehend what was going on, he was kicked in the gut, then grabbed by the head and slammed into a wall with a loud thud, cracks forming on the wall from the impact around the now dead student's head.

The snow leopard continued forward, leaving the student's body to slump to the ground. He only stopped as a large group of the Jade Palace Kung Fu students came rushing into the relic hall, no doubt having heard the commotion that had just taken place and now coming to investigate the matter.

Student 2: "What's going on?!" The student stopped as he stared at the scene before his group, seeing a fellow student's lifeless body nearby the entrance and the intruder who stood mere feet away from them as he stood in the center of the hall. "Who are you?!"

The snow leopard said nothing, quietly analyzing the quantity of individuals before him and sizing them up, before finally uttering a he looked at the amount he had to deal with then he spoke.

Snow Leopard: "Come on... who wants to go first?" Taunting them, one student ran up to him and was about to lay a hit but was only countered by the leopard.

The snow leopard lands a few hits on the student before grabbing her arm and slamming her against the wall, then deals a single intense punch to her head, the sound of bone cracking, blood painting the walls before her body fell limp. This struck fear into many of the students as they watched their classmate die by the hands of a stranger. The snow leopard felt otherwise as a sadistic grin spread across his face, before he walked over to the rest of the group, killing all the students rather brutally, quickly, and unbeknownst to them, without much effort. He leaves the dojo with his hands soaked in blood, the rain rinsing them as he walked up some stairs to the academy. As he reached the top stair, a student was thrown out through the academy doors, the now deceased body laying less than a foot away from the snow leopard's feet with blood gushing out of his head. The person who did this sat down on a table within the academy nearby the doors, an avian known as Crane wielding a Bo staff with his left wing while activating a lighter using his right foot claw, lighting a cigarette he held between this beak.