an artist's mistake [eugenzel]

"Dude, just ask her out!" Jack whispered to me,

"I can't just do that!" I hissed back,

"Why not?"

"It may be easy for you to ask someone out, but not me." I said, and turned back to my easel to draw another orange in the fruit basket I was painting.

I had kind of forced Jack, my best friend, to come to the local art workshop with me so that he could help me try to ask out a girl that I had a crush on for the longest time. Rapunzel DiCorona. Jack didn't really enjoy painting, or art in general, so all he had on his canvas was a line that he claimed was an abstract dog.

"How should I ask her out?" I asked,

"Mm, I dunno, ask her?" Jack replied as if it were obvious.

"I need something more creative than that."

"Um, write it on a piece of paper and give it to her." He suggested,

"Okay." I said, and scribbled it down on a piece of paper.

"Now go give it to her." Jack said. I followed his instructions and walked over to Rapunzel and quickly dropped the paper in front of her before walking quickly away. Once I got back to the table, I turned around to see Rapunzel's expression and saw that she was looking at the paper with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Um, she looks confused." Jack said,

"I couldn't tell." I said dryly, and turned back to Rapunzel to see that she was looking at me with a mad blush on her face.

"I'll talk to her." Jack said, and walked over to her. I saw them talking for a few minutes before I saw Jack bend over laughing.

"Eugene, come here." Jack said. I walked slowly over to him and Rapunzel, and he showed me the paper. It read:

Will you marry me?

My face turned red and I looked at Rapunzel, before stuttering out,

"I-I meant, wil-will you go on a date with me?" 

She smiled at me and shook her head before giving me a hug, which was, to say the least, unexpected.

"Well, looks like you had to ask her verbally after all." Jack said, ruining the moment.

"Jack, I wouldn't mind it if you got lost right about now." I murmured.

"I'll do that." He replied.

Hey! I hope you liked that one-shot! Please drop a comment, like, and ignore any mistakes (my typing's off today)

Thanks for reading, bYe!