masquerade [mericcup]

{I made a mini-cover for the Eugenzel one-shot. I also posted this one on Tumblr.}

I tugged on the dress I was wearing, hoping that it would become looser, because as of right now I was suffering. Then the door opened and Mum stepped in.

"Oh you look beautiful Merida," She said. I only grunted in response. I knew that I looked pretty good, I just didn't like the dress. It was a sparkling, radiant deep blue color, and it had lace sleeves that went to my elbow.

Now that was barely tolerable, but the worse part was the back. The back of the dress was open and went all the way down from right below my shoulder to right above my hip.

"Here's your mask Merida." Mum said and handed me a mask that matched my dress perfectly.

"Thanks," I murmured.

"Now Merida, don't forget that Chief Stoic's 21-year-old son is coming, so try to be on your best behavior. I gave a one-shouldered shrug and looked at myself in the mirror.

I didn't look like me. My curly and unruly hair had been nicely braided, and Mum had forced me into putting a little makeup on, so I didn't really look like me. I guess I wasn't supposed to anyway. I shoved the mask on my face and walked out of my room.

~*~

"Let us begin the ball!" I heard Dad's booming voice yell, and soon there was chatter and there was music, and people started dancing with one another. I used the mystery of my identity to my advantage and just sat down looking around at all the people who were having tons more fun than I was.

"Um, hey. Would you like to dance with me?"

I looked up to see who had spoken and I saw a man standing there. I couldn't really make out his facial features because of the mask, but I could tell that he had really dark brown hair, and forest green eyes. I guessed that since no one would ever find out about who I was, it was alright to dance.

"Fine." I said, and got up to take his hand. It was warm and as soon as I took it, my hands tingled, like they were on fire, but a good fire.

The mystery man and I waltzed, talked, laughed, at and walked aimlessly around together before Dad announced the final dance.

"Would you like to dance in the courtyard, m'lady?" He asked in a super posh voice.

"Why of course good sir." I replied and we went to the courtyard to dance there instead.

"So, am I ever going to find out who you are?" He asked,

"Depends." I answered,

"What will I have to do?"

"Tell me who you are."

"Fine, we'll do it at the same time." He said, and I nodded. We both removed our masks and my eyes widened. The man standing in front of me was very handsome and just so happened to be the chief's son.

"You're the princess." He said,

"I wouldn't mind if you didn't tell my mum that I danced at all tonight." I said jokingly,

"It'll cost you something." He replied,

"Oh? What's that?"

"Kiss me," He said lightly. I leaned in and gave him a quick, lingering kiss, and was about to pull away when he pulled me back to him. I placed my hands on his chest, and his hands found my waist.

"By the way, my name's Hiccup." He murmured.

"I know."

Hello! I hope you liked that one-shot even though I don't think it's really that good. Leave a comment, ignore any mistakes, and don't forget to vote. byE!