Chapter 2

Butters' POV

This morning, I confidently walked to the bus stop where the guys were. The bus will probably be here in about 15 minutes.

"Hey fellas!", I waved at them, stopping by Cartman's side.

"Hey Butters!", they said back.

"Just to tell you. This week I can't play. I am grounded.", I laughed nervously.

"Again?!", Kyle said, "This is getting out of hand! You are the main villain, Butters! Why did your parents ground you now?"

"I got home a few minutes after curfew.", I mumbled, sad.

"My God, your parents are really trash, I swear.", Cartman pinches the bridge of his nose.

"It's only a week guys. We can start planning out our Netflix shows.", Stan suggested.

"That's a great idea!", Kyle smiled.

"I can't make it as usual.", Kenny finally talked, sighing, "Work and all that shit."

"Being poor must suck.", Cartman snickered.

"Being a fatass must suck even more.", Kenny smirked, making my heart start to beat a little faster.

Kenny is the most perfect guy on the planet. How could I not fall for him? I wonder if I even have a chance.

As soon as the bus got to our stop, I got on, sitting alone by the window as usual. However, this time, I was surprise because I heard someone sit by my side.

"K-Kenny?!", oh God, I must be so red right now.

Kenny's POV

I don't know what got into me. But I sat at Butters' side. As soon as he noticed, he started blushing like crazy. And that made me blush a little. Thank God I have my parka covering half my face.

"Do you mind if I sit here?"

"N-no no. Stay! I mean--if you want."

I can't take the risk of thinking that Butters is giving me signals that aren't really there. I don't want to be the asshole that confesses to him while he likes someone else.

So I better start getting closer with him while I am Kenny as well. I want him to fall for me. I don't want to be the weirdo who never spoke with the person that they ask to prom. Not that I don't want to talk to him all day. Of course I want it. I just want to be Butters' friend first of all. It's time I start to talk to him.

"Do you have a fever, man? You are so red.", I provoked him, smirking.

"No! Everything-A-Okay."

"Sure.", I smiled at him.

"Why aren't you siting with Cartman today?"

"Didn't feel like it, Buttercup."

As soon as that name got out of my mouth, I gritted my teeth. Stupid stupid me!

"B-Buttercup?"

"Sorry. It just slipped out.", I said nervously.

"Oh. I really like it.", he smiled genuinely and my heart exploded with the cuteness.

"O-Oh. Then I'll call you that."

"Sure. Anything you want, Kenny.", he smiled at me.

***
As soon as the lunch break started, Wendy and Bebe pushed me to an empty classroom while all the guys looked at me confused.

"What the fuck are you doing?", I asked when they closed the door.

"So you like Butters, huh?", Bebe had a smug smile on her face.

"Did you just drag me all the way here to ask me that?", I asked, both frustrated and flustered.

"So it's true!", Wendy giggled.

"Why do you want to know really? I just don't understand.", I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Because we wanna help!", Bebe answered, pleading with me, "What can we do to help?"

"Nothing.", I said, "Don't do a thing. I have everything under control."

"What's the fun in that?", Wendy whined.

"If you want me to succeed, don't do a thing.", I repeated. I don't really need their help at all, "And by the way, how did you discovered that-"

"All the people on the bus saw the way you were flirting with Butters."

"Pretty sure the only people who were even listening were you two.", I sighed.

"Why are you so mean?", Bebe asked, whining too.

"Because I don't want you two to interfere in any way. Am I clear?"

"B-But-"

"Am I clear?"

"Okay, sure.", Wendy sighed, "But if you need help from us, don't come ask us after being so mean."

"I don't need your help.", I said, getting out of the classroom.

Those two really need to mind their own business. I put my hands on my pockets and start heading out to the cafeteria. However, as soon as I turned to the corridor that lead to the lunch area, I heard the bell. I just missed lunch and I wasn't happy about it.

***

I sat on a bench in the playground. The guys were playing with a ball but I did not have the energy to do so. My stomach is making sounds because I haven't had anything in it in a few hours.

"Uhm... Kenny?"

I turned to see Butters close to my bench holding an apple in his hands.

"Yes, Buttercup?", I stried to sound as charming as I could.

"Uhm... You didn't have lunch so I thought-", he had a tint of red on his cheeks, "Here.", he hands me the apple, "I saved it for you. I would've saved my plate to if I could bring it outside."

"Oh. Thank you Butters.", I smiled at him, lowering my parka to eat the apple.

"No problem, Kenny."

"Do you want to sit here with me?"

Butters' POV

Why is Kenny being so nice to me? I sat down by his side while thinking about this while fidgeting my fingers.

"What's wrong?", the boy by my side asked, taking a bite of his apple.

"Hum... Why are you talking this much to me?"

"Am I talking too much?", Kenny asked, a bit nervous, "Should I talk less? Am I bothering you?"

"No, no! It's just- You've never talked this much to me before."

"Do you want to know the truth?", he asked me, sighing.

"Yes!", I answered with my heart wanting to come out of my chest.

"It's just I've never knew how to talk to you."

"W-Why? Am I pushing people away?", I didn't even realise this.

"No no! It's me that's an idiot. You are a great guy, Butters. I just want to talk more to you. Can't I?", he provoked.

"O-Of course you can.", I smiled at him happily.

I just hope Mysterion to help me. Now that Kenny wants to spend more time with me, I have more time to try to ask him to prom. I am finally getting lucky!