Emira: June 9, 2022

EMIRA
JUNE 9, 2022
A Letter For Memory

Memory,

Three days. It's been three days since you are gone. I haven't gotten enough sleep syne. I don't know what to do anymore. The longer I sit beside your golden white coffin, the more it sinks in to me that you will be long gone...

If you know how many buckets of tears I had cried because of you, will you stand there and come for me? That sounds creepy, isn't it? I can't help but painfully chuckle at my own thought, love. I'm getting creepier and creepier everyday I ask you to get up and come for me knowing that you're dead and I can never change that fact anymore.

Today, few of your comrades came. There are five of them, I guess. Three of them were injured, either have cast on their foot or hand, while the other two seems fine. I guess, they are what we call the 'survivors of disaster'.

One of them approached me, Memory. I guess, if my mind serves well because I haven't gotten enough sleep, he introduced himself as 'Jacob', the one who will be seated in his wheelchair forever.

He told me that you and him used to snatch extra food packs and laugh at what you have done. Why would you do that? You silly. Guess one food pack is not enough, right? That's why you were snatching more? But what about the rest of your comrades who didn't eat yet? Well, I can't probably blame you. Hunger is one the greatest enemies in war.

"He would always sit on the corner of the camp and tell stories while eating." I remembered Jacob said with a sigh and small smile. "Stories like how beautiful you are in his eyes, or how much he love you as his wife."

Do you know that because of that, I went breaking down again? Your love used to comfort me during tough times. Now, remembering your love only stings the hell out of me— like I was being torn into pieces.

"He once told that when we got out of the war alive, he will resign in the military for you and live a more peaceful life with his family, you and History. He don't want to die yet..."

I cried a river. I hate you so much, Memory... but I love you so much, I could die with you. Your love used to bring smile on my face, now, your love only bring tears to my eyes. Your love used to be complete me, now, your love breaks me.

Only your love can hurt like this, my Memory.

Love,

Emira