Memory: February 15, 2022

MEMORY
FEBRUARY 15, 2022
A Letter For Emira

Emira,

Belated happy Valentines day, my love!

I know, I know, it's kind of late greetings but forgive me. There's such thing as Valentines in the middle of war and this is the only peaceful— a little bit peaceful time I managed to write you a letter of romance, of course.

What shall we reminisce today? Should we go for the first day we met? Kind of funny, because we were too young and dumb back then when we met. Of course, I will never forget how you throw me your big and thick notebook because of how pissed you were when you're trying to get me an interview for your project on Journaling Club.

Op, don't talk. Let me do the honor first because I totally know that if we are talking about this verbally, you would probably point a finger and blame me. No, please, let me explain.

So, during high school, this is the time when we first met. Like Taylor Swift's (your favorite Western singer) Love Story said, "We were both young when I first saw you", we were really too young back then.

I was the battalion commander of C.A.T, and your project was to get an interview from me for your school brochure as part of documentary. Up until now, I'm still wondering why of all things or people you can take documentation and interview, you chose the C.A.T knowing that getting an interview will be a little harsh.

I didn't really mean to ignore you that time. The climate was too hot, so as my head that I can feel my blood boiling to the idocity (forgive me) of juniors back then. I didn't mean to ditch you. It just happened that you set a time that conflicted with the schedule, and it's my fault for agreeing in that time. I didn't really thought too much about it, when I read it, I agreed... automatically.

So, I ditched you. You chased me, pissed— more like angry rather, carrying your oh-so-thick and oh-so-big black notebook (that still seems like death note to me) and then, boom! Suddenly, you threw the notebook in my head, literally. I can still feel how I felt the revolving of the world. It's the "Oh, Memory Tredor! Do you remember me?" vibe for me.

And that's when our love story (cheesy) started! I should be really thankful to that notebook. Remind me to kiss them when I get back. If I can turn back time, I will definitely pissed you again. You need to throw that notebook in my head. Because of that, I met you. Because of that, I found my Emira and History. That was one of the hella encounters in my life. Bullets here got nothing with your notebook.

Happy Valentines, Emi. You are the great piece of me. You can never be exchange by anything in this world. Not even the most expensive painting of Picasso, not even the golden crown of the past kings, not even tons of gold bars.

The universe got nothing with your beauty. The ocean calms in your glittering hurricane. You radiates more than sun could. You shine more than the moon could ever be. You twinkles more than the stars in this dark night sky can ever be.

You are the best part of me, Emira. You are the warmest person I've ever met.

Love,
Memory