𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆

THE workers of Dunder-Mifflin milled about unenthusiastically collecting extra materials for their overtime assignment.

"This is ridiculous." Stanley grumbled from his seat.

"Do you have any idea what time we'll get outta here?" Phyllis complained to Michael.

"No one likes to work late, least of all me." Michael sighed in reply. He shuffled over to Jim, hands in his pockets. "Do you have any plans tonight?" he asked.

"Nope, I don't." Jim slapped a folder onto his desk. "Remember when you told us not to make plans cause we were working?"

"Yes, I remember." Michael tried to remain causal. "Mmmm, this is BS. This is BS, why are we here? I am gonna call corporate." He stomped over to his office and snatched his phone off the receiver. "Enough is enough! This is Michael Scott, Scranton. Well, we don't wanna work! No, we don't! It's not fair to these people! These people are my friends and I care about them! We're not gonna do it!" Michael got more aggressive with each statement. He gingerly put the phone back before taking a deep breath. "Everyone I just got of the horn with corporate, and uh, basically I told them where they could stick their little overtime assignment. Go enjoy your Friday."

"Thank you, Michael." Dwight chimed.

"Alright, I think we dodged a bullet there." Michael turned to Jim.

"I think you did." said man nodded.

"I think we should celebrate, how bout you, Brooklyn, mi casa, little dinner, dancing, drinks?"

"Oh...I—"

"You said you didn't have plans." Michael quickly shot Jim's defense down. "That's what you said." he added with a look to the camera.

"Michael has asked Brooklyn and me to dinner at least nine times, and every time we've been able to get out of it." Jim explained. "But I've got to give him credit, he got me, because I'm starting to suspect that there was no assignment from corporate."

"Michael." Dwight called. "What time should I be arriving?"

"Dwight, it's couples only, and besides, I only have six wine glasses." Michael sighed. "So, it will be me and Jan, Brooklyn and Jim, and Angela and Andy."

"Heyo!" Andy shouted from the accountant corner.

"Does it bother me that I wasn't invited to Michael's dinner party?" Dwight repeated, he took deep breaths obviously trying not to cry before he broke.

   Later at Michael's condo, Jan excitedly opened the door for their dinner party guests.

   Brooklyn and Jim happily greeted their hosts, hoping that their unwillingness to be there didn't show on their faces. Pleasantries were exchanged as both Michael and Jan hugged Jim. Jan then turned her affections towards Brooklyn who gave Jim a weary look as Jan hugged her a little too tightly even going as far as to rock back and forth.

   "You wanna take their coats, babe?" She asked once she finally released her hostage. "We don't want them to be uncomfortable."

   "Yes, I would, so what have you been doing?" Michael asked.

   "Let's see, since I saw you an hour ago?" Jim asked, shrugging off his coat.

   "Yeah." Michael chuckled.

   "I have been getting ready and then driving over here." He answered, as he helped Brooklyn out of her coat. "I'm surprised we're the first ones here, this one likes to take her time."