𝘀𝗶𝘅

FOR many in Dunder-Mifflin, it was one of their favorite days at work. Halloween, the day where you could dress how you wanted all under the guise of 'Halloween Spirit' and you'd even get a party at the end of the day.

   In walked Michael, who no doubt had something great planned for his costume that day. "Happy Halloween, everyone." He greeted. "Oh that's great." He pointed at Pam's cat costume.

   "Happy Halloween." The woman replied. "Jan called."

   "Ok." Michael breathed a heavy sigh before going into his office.

   "I know why she's calling. It's the end of the month and I was supposed to let somebody go by the end of the month." Michael explained as he sat down. "And somehow I'm supposed to put on a costume and smile." He bit his lip as he dialed Jan's number.

   "Jan Levinson's office." A receptionist answered.

   "Hey Sherri, Michael Scott returning."

   "Oh, she's in a meeting. Uh, she just wants the name of the employee you let go."

   "Well, I'm gonna wait until the end of the day." He nodded. "Because the book said it's best to wait till the end of the day."

   "I just need the name of who you're planning to let go."

   "I don't... know yet. I will have to call her back."

   "I know she wanted the name."

   "Ok, Sherri?"

   "Yeah?"

   "If you were getting fired, how would you want to be told so that you could still be friends with the person firing you?" There was a brief pause over the line.

   "Jan wants the name as soon as possible, Michael."

   "Thanks." She hummed in reply. "I'll call her back. Wish I could fire Sherri." He murmured.

   "Hey, I'm still here." Michael then awkwardly fumbled to hang up the phone.

   Brooklyn watched Dwight shove the end of his light saber back into itself before he turned around to Jim, who wore his regular shirt and tie with three black circles lined up on one side. "What is that, what are you supposed to be?" He asked.

   "I'm a three-hole punch version of Jim." The man answered. "'Cause you can have me either way, plain white Jim, or three-hole punch."

   "That's great!" Phyllis laughed.

   "Yeah, well look, what about me?" Dwight asked before pulling up his hood and making light saber noises.

   "What are you? A monk?" Phyllis asked.

   "I'm a Sith Lord." He answered as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. Phyllis wordlessly looked at him for a second before turning back around. "Oh, big deal. Three round pieces of paper taped to his shirt." He lifted the saber. "This cost me $129."

   "Ass." Phyllis mumbled back.

   "Dwight's unnecessary animosity aside, you really could've worn a full costume today." Brooklyn said.

   "And what are you supposed to be?" Jim asked, sitting down. The woman wore a matching plaid black and white jacket and skirt set, with a red vest over a white shirt, and a hat.

   "Hello? One of the best dressed of our time. Dionne from Clueless." He stared at her. She looked over to Dwight with a sliver of hope in her eye, he looked at her before continuing his work. "Three-hole punch Jim." She mocked under her breath, earning a chuckle.