♦️☁️Karkat Vantas X Reader☁️♦️

This is the first oneshot I've written in months 0^0

Warnings: Swearing, reader is in a sort of depressive episode, it was 10:00 when I finished this and I couldn't sleep afterwards so I hope you're happy /lh

Reader is human and gender neutral

- - -

Y/n rolled over in their bed once more. Guess I actually have to face the day. They thought irritably. They struggled to get out of bed as their covers wrapped around their body. Y/n sighs as their feet hit the ground.

"I don't want toooooo..." they groan, rubbing their eyes tiredly.

The sleepy individual had been going through a rough spot in their week. The world outside seemed too bright, the food they usually loved lost its appeal, and their bed was all the more comfortable. After sitting still for a few moments, Y/n finally stood up on their tired legs with a groan. They looked around their room. Empty drink cans and mugs gathered in a cluster on their desk. A S'burb poster and one of (Favorite Band) were plastered on the opposite wall. Y/n's (Fav color) hoodie lay on the floor next to their bed.

"Bluh, this place is a mess..." they mutter, picking up the sweatshirt and slipping it on. Groggily, they made their way downstairs for something to eat.

- - -

Fixing themselves a bowl of cereal and some coffee, Y/n sat down at the kitchen table for the first time in three days. Most of the time they were home they just ate their meals upstairs. They took a sip of their coffee, thankful that the warm drink was available to them. Y/n set down their mug and thought for a minute.

It was kinda lonely here, they weren't gonna lie. But with zero motivation and that sad feeling that didn't go away, it's no surprise there.

A ping from their open computer drew them from their pondering. Great, someone's probably noticed.

They finished their breakfast and set the dishes in the sink. Y/n unplugged their laptop from its charging station on the counter and opened Pesterchum. An icon with a silver Cancer sign hovered on the screen.

Karkat Vantas. What does he want? Y/n opened the log to a long string of unread messages.

carcinoGeneticist [CG] began trolling chumHandle [CH]

CG: L/N

CG: WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?

CG: HARLEY SAYS SHE HASN'T SEEN YOU SINCE LAST WEEK

CG: ARE YOU UNDER A ROCK OR SOME SHIT?

CG: L/N

CG: I SWEAR TO GOG IF YOU'RE IGNORING ME ON PURPOSE I'LL KILL YOU MYSELF

CG:UNLESS YOU'RE ALREADY DEAD, WHICH DOESN'T EVEN SURPRISE ME AT THIS POINT

CG: OKAY BUT FOR REAL SOMETHING'S UP

CG: TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON

CG: OR I'LL FIND OUT MYSELF

The log dated back to as late as yesterday night. Seeing as Y/n had slept for most of the day, any pesterlog they received had gone unread. Man, Karkat could be annoying sometimes! But it still brought a smile to the individual's face knowing he still cared, despite his borderline hate messages and sour attitude. Y/n began to type a message back when more grey text showed up on their screen.

CG: THAT'S IT

CG: I'M HEADING TO THAT MESS YOU CALL A HIVE TO SEE JUST WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

carcinoGeneticist [CG] ceased trolling chumHandle [CH]