chap. one

Laboured heavy breaths,
And tired, aching legs,
She was running away.
That was what she told herself anyway.

She could hear them behind her!
They came for her, she knew that they would.
Turning around with a cocky grin,
Tears that pricked the corners of her eyes,
But at the sight of nothing but sandy dirt and a singular log of wood, her smile faltered and the tears started to sting her cheeks.
Of course they weren't there who was she kidding? Why did she turn around? Now it was real and she was alone at the edge of jasper,nevada crying.

Turning around once again, she continued on her path, walking this time,maybe she was searching, but who knows? Certainly not her.

After a while there was no dirt,
Just sand and a road and a not-so abandoned ex military silo. She wasn't one for religion but this one time she prayed; prayed that they were in there, her friends were in there, someone who cared was in there.
She wouldn't even mind ratchets' grumpy personality.

Knocking gently against the 'door' of her (hopefully) new home..
Wait.. would they let her stay or would they leave her out here like her caretakers? The more she thought about it ratchet would definitely NOT let her stay.

Hearing heavy steps from the other side of the silo entrance, she stiffend.
"Miko? What are you doing here? Where's bulkhead?" Ratchet spoke.
What how did he know she was here? How did he hear her? Thats right were is bulk? ...Did he leave her to?
"Miko?"
Looking up to meet the voice through the door. she saw.. Cameras, they have camaras, they can see her crying. Being pathetic and most definitely not cool.
"..miko?.. are you alright?" Concern lacing his voice.
The entrance only slightly moving due to the weight of it.

She bolted.
she sprant.
she ran.

'Why did I run?' Being the only thought running through her head.
The possibilities were endless:
Fear,
Stress,
Never ending questions,
Embarrassment.
It goes on for ever.

After what what felt like more hours of running and sobbing (maybe it was). Her legs ,like jelly, had finally gave up on her and she collapsed to the ground. She couldn't pull herself up. Then, she waited for something, someone, anyone, she silently apologised to all those she annoyed and hurt (whether mentally or physically). She promised she would be better , do better.
Her eyes joining her legs in whatever 'limb heaven' they were going to. Eyelashes falling to the top of her cheek. Her tears and sobs fading into nothingness. Her subconsciousness going black. She had fallen asleep. Forever she wished, before whisking away into the empty void of calm.

Awaking to the sound of loud voices and a continuous clicking, she opened her eyes and rubbed the daze and sleep out of them. Still exhausted and half asleep she relised bulkhead was in front of her, her best friend found her, he hadn't left her alone like..
She couldn't remember. It's fine she'll figure it out later.
"Human?" Called out...
What? That's not bulk that's bulks decepticon copy! Uhhh... break..something. It doesn't matter what does is that the voices weren't optimus and arcee it was megaton and screamer, what does matter is that the tapping wasn't an annoyed ratchet it was a silent soundwave, what does matter is that bulk and bee weren't in front of her, it was break-something and knockout!
"Human?" Break-something seemed.. concerned?
"don't touch it, breakdown, don't you know humans carry the rust plague?" Knock out said matter-of-factly.
"Woh', really?"
"Mhm"
" hey, I don't!" She replied rather angrily, forgetting who she was talking to.
A small " yes you do, all organics carry plagues" could be heard behind the vofoosh of the (giant) opening door. The voice belongs to arachnid.

Looking around once more miko realised that the red glow of the bots (all but breakdown and soundwave) optics, as they call them, glew In the dark shaded room. It was like a light show, truly beautiful. She wondered if the Autobots blue would have done the same. Though she doubts she'll ever see them again-
" fleshy?" knockout questioned, slightly startling her. " you keep zoning out. Got a malfunction of some sort?"
"Rude" she replied." Also, I have a name and it's Miko, thank you."
"You're welcome, fleshy" he grinned.
" don't be rude KO" breakdown (that was his name right?) Said rather kindly.
'Bit odd' she thought ' but whatever
Loud steps similar to the ones from- ratchet...
, but it was that bucket-head Megatron.
"Miko, if I'm correct?"
She didn't reply.
"OK then. As you probably already know I am Megatron, you are here to be used as a lure for the Autobots."
...
"What? Why would you just tell me that? like what if I- I ran..a-and told the others?" She asked surprised

"Yeh, why?"KO (she laughed at the new nickname. Even if she thought it was epic) repeated annoyed."these fleshy's are constantly causing problems for us AND ruining my paint job!" His voice slightly rises in pitch near the end of the sentence.
Sonorous laughter came as a reply.
And I swear if she wasn't awake before she is now.
"Why? Why? Well.. it is a mere human, what will it do run like it said it would, where would it go? When we found her she seemed to have been abandoned anyway."
And then to prove his point he laughed again. He made a 'follow me' gesture with his oversized hands and left with arachnid and Starscream behind him.

"Ar' you a'right... uhhh... miko?" Breakdown asked.
"I don't really care, but are you alright fleshy? You're uhh.. leaking transmission fluids from your optics." Knockout pointed to her eyes and followed through to her cheek, being weary as not to touch her.
Upon touching her face, Miko realised she had been crying. Quickly wiping her face and holding her breath (with a pout) to stop the hiccups from continuing she answered
"'Course im alr-hight, why wouldn't I be? It's not like-like they did abandon me.. i.." deep breath "I know that they will come b-back .. fo-r me. Of course."

They looked at her, and from the back of the room where the obnoxious clicking came from a recording played.
"*you know, if you dont believe in yourself, why should others believe in you?*"
'sentimental and gross' she thought and by KOs' reaction of an 'ew face,'  he thought so too.
Was she that obvious? Apparently she was so obvious that, that the silent 'con not even facing her noticed.

She touched her face again to make sure she wasn't still crying and repeated, using forced confidence she said " I know that they-they will come back for me...
Also uhh d'you got any spare clothes heh these kinda stink and there all sweaty and gross."
"Nah, sorry miko" breakdown grinned,but it wasn't the grin Megatron kept plastered to his face, no it was the kind of grin that bulk gave her when he was embarrassed over some silly thing. A grin that made you grin back,and so she did (though hers' was slightly wonky and looked strained).

Breakdown, gently picking her up and holding her like she's an ancient relic worth thousands of pounds, made her slightly wonky, strained smile turn into a real smile.

The silent and gentle sway of the walk through the dark halls of the nemesis had lulled her back into the sleep her body so desperately needed. In her last moments of awakeness she felt being cupped and cradled. Her imagery of being an ancient relic turns into that of holding a teacup chiwowa.