Neighbor - Turner x reader

So here I am. I stand in front of the boot camp where I'll spend some days before going to war. Normally women aren't accepted in the army but they made an exception. Just as I heard about the special competition I decided to take part in this experiment because why not and then I was chosen to be a special adjutant, an officer's right-hand. My task is simple - just follow my superior's orders. But I don't know yet who is that superior. I hope he is someone nice. And not so annoying like those recruiters. I follow the officer who is taking me to my new boss. He tells me to enter the office without him so I open the door and come over to the desk behind which stands back to me a man. Hold on. He looks familiar. 

''Did you forget how to speak? You-'' He turns around and opens his mouth in shock. The man in front of me is my neighbor, Joseph Turner. ''(Y/N)?'' 

''Mister Turner?'' 

''What are you doing here?'' 

''Well, I came to meet my commander.'' 

''Wait... You're not telling me you enlisted in the army?'' 

''That's exactly what I did.'' 

''Why?'' He frowns even more as he has never expected me to do such a thing. In his eyes I've always been a shy girl.

''Because I love travelling and thrilling adventures.'' 

''You are about to go to war, (Y/N)! Do you even realize how dangerous it is?'' 

''Then why are you here if you're scared of the war?'' 

''I'm not scared, I'm just... Never mind. Do you have the papers?'' 

''Here.'' I place all needed documents on the desk. He checks them very carefully, from time to time glancing at me. ''Are you sure you want it?'' I nod twice without hesitation. ''I've known you for some time but today you truly surprised me.'' 

''I'm full of surprises, sir.'' 

''I can tell.'' Turner stands up and takes a bag from my hand. Turner has always been kind to me, he helped me around the house, doing things which needed more physical strength. ''You'll share the room with me. Don't ask me why, it was general Davis's idea.'' Just the thought of living together with Turner makes me blush heavily. ''Remember, don't wander around alone. Especially at night. You can't trust men here.'' 

''Wow. You're such a caring commander. Do you treat all your men like this?'' 

''No. Only you.'' 

''Because I'm a woman?'' 

''Because you're also my neighbor.'' That's how you see me? Just a neighbor? Turner smiles warmly at me. That smile again. I can't help but fall harder for him. He shows me inside his room and puts down my things next to my bed. ''I'm glad that I don't have to live alone anymore. If you need anything, just tell me.''

''Sure.'' 

After a quick tour around the camp, we come back to the room. I'm so tired that I immediately go straight to my bed. ''Change your clothes.'' - reminds Turner, who not minding that I'm here takes off his shirt, revealing his bare chest. Damn. He's so fit. I stare mindlessly at his muscles, it's the first time I see him shirtless. When he takes down his pants, I abruptly turn around. ''I-I will change into pajamas.'' I go to the bathroom to change my clothes. Funny thing, I thought that I'd have a room only for myself, that's why I took my favorite short nightgown instead of something that would cover my body better. So I've come up with an idea - to try getting to bed with lights off. But it's not so easy to find my bed in darkness. My foot hits the leg of the bed and assuming that it's mine I quickly jump onto it. Instead of velvety pillows I land on top of Turner. But that's not all, my lips accidentally crashes against his own. Oh my gosh! I kissed lieutenant Turner! Congrats, (Y/N). You just kissed your commander! 

''(Y/N)? What the hell are you doing?'' 

''Sorry, wrong bed.'' In a hurry I get up and somehow get to the right bed. 

After some minutes of awkward silence, he speaks up: ''About that kiss...'' 

''Are you angry about it?'' 

''No... To be honest, I liked it.'' 

''Really?'' I get up so fast that I feel a sudden pain in my foot. ''Auch!''

Turner gets out of his bed to see what happened to me. He gets down in front of me and gently takes my foot in both his hands. ''It's only a bruise. But you should be more careful around.'' He looks up at me, then down at my lips and slightly smirks. ''I think I know a way to make you forget about your pain.'' I tilt your head in puzzlement. ''Can I kiss you?'' I look down at my feet and blushing a lot, I nod shyly. Turner leans closer to kiss my cheek but stops suddenly. When I look up at him to see why he is hesitating, I notice him staring at my lips and next he kisses me softly. I don't want it to end but his kiss has lasted only for a few seconds. ''How do you feel? Any better?'' 

''Much better.'' 

''I'm glad to hear it. Now go to sleep. Tomorrow is gonna be a long day. Goodnight, (Y/N).'' He winks at me and gets back to his bed. 

''Goodnight...''