CHAPTER 1 - Tracy Freeland

My eyelids fluttered open as sunshine crept in through the window above my bed. I yawned and sat up, turning off my alarm clock and glancing at the clock—6:00. Enough time to get dressed, I guess.

I crept into the bathroom and brushed my hair, before washing my face with cold water (which is, by the way, very good for your skin) and doing my usual skincare. I then got dressed.

I had already planned my outfit for the day yesterday, as I was trying to fall asleep. I picked out a pretty dark-colored top and dark blue low-rise bootcut jeans. Those were the only types of jeans I wore—I despise skinny jeans. To spice up my outfit, I put on a cute, small belt and jewellery. Gold hoop earrings, a sunflower necklace and my piercings. I also wore my signature large bracelet accompanied with a small silver one on one wrist, and a bunch of small bracelets on the other.

I went to the bathroom again to do my make-up and add some finishing touches to my hair, like a small hair clip. I took one final glance at myself in the mirror and smiled—I looked really hot.

I exited the bathroom and went to the kitchen to eat. For breakfast, I opted for a bowl of cereal, seeing as Brooke forgot to buy eggs again.

I sighed and began to eat. Brooke was still asleep—yesterday her audition got declined, so she stayed up all night crying because she thought she was going to get it.

After I completed my breakfast, I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I thankfully didn’t apply lipstick yet, so nothing got ruined.

Brooke came in as I was rinsing my mouth, her sleep mask on her head.

“Hey princess,” she greeted groggily, as I wiped my mouth and began to apply my lipstick.

“Hi,” I replied, “how are you?”

I put away my lipstick and turned to look at her with a concerned expression on my face. She merely shrugged, so I stuck my lip put sympathetically and rubbed her back.

“It’s okay, you’ll get it next time,” I assured her with a small, comforting smile. She sighed and changed the subject by wishing me a good day at school.

I nodded and came out of the bathroom before sliding my bag over my shoulder and leaving the house.

The first day of school was going swimmingly.

I hung out with Astrid and a few other girls. As soon as I entered, everyone ran up to me, greeting me with compliments about my outfit and appearance and how I got a huge glow up in the summer.

We decided to walk around the school, attracting attention from everyone. A few boys shouted compliments at us, but I simply ignored them.

As we walked, Merida told us about how she got a boyfriend. Her last boyfriend had cheated on her, so we were all happy for her. To be honest, Merida annoyed me a little, but she shared her earrings with me sometimes so I was fine with her.

The bell rang and we all split up to go to our classes. I strutted inside of my class and was instantly greeted with hellos and compliments.

Astrid and I had our first class together, so as our teacher was welcoming us and telling us about this year, blah blah blah, Astrid and I passed notes. We had tried talking quietly at first, but our teacher scolded us. I instantly despised this lady—I mean, what’s it to you if we talk?

We made some plans to meet up after school and visit a jewelry store. I wanted to buy some new necklaces, and Astrid needed new bracelets.