CHAPTER 8 - Betrayal

"Let's do matching hairstyles!" I suggested as I applied eyeshadow to my eyelids. "I saw these two girls do a two ponytail/two braid look and they looked really cute."

"Sure," Tracy replied as she put on a burgundy vest. It was actually my vest, but I let her wear it for today. "Um, so do you wanna do the ponytails or the braids?"

"I think I'll do the ponytails, and you do the braids," I decided, as I began to comb my hair. "It'll look better that way."

"Okay," Tracy agreed, starting to part her hair and braid it.

Tracy seemed a little unenthusiastic ever since yesterday. I think it was after Mel asked to speak with her? Maybe it was about Brady or something and it upset her.

Tracy started doing her make-up in the mirror and she had now become really good at using an eyeliner, so she didn't need my help.

Today, our outfits were pretty cute. I was wearing flare jeans as usual, a dark-colored top with pink lace, hoop earrings and my usual bracelets. Tracy wore my burgundy vest, a jacket, flare jeans and her converse. We both wore cross necklaces.

After we were dressed, we went to the kitchen to see Mel had prepared some toast for us. Mel, Brady and Mason were already sitting down and eating.

"Good morning, ladies," Mel greeted. "Ooh, your hair looks really cute."

"Thanks Mel," I said as I sat down and started eating.

Breakfast was a little more quiet than usual, and it seemed as if everyone was keeping some kind of secret from me. Deep inside, I kind of had a feeling what it was, but I guess my brain didn't want to know. I ignored my feelings and continued to act as I always did.

After we ate, Tracy and I brushed our teeth and fixed our make-up as usual. And then we went outside and got inside Mel's car.

Mel dropped us off at school and drove off. Merida approached us as soon as she saw us.

"Hey," she greeted, giving us both hugs. "You guys look really cute today."

"Thanks," I said with a small smile, before Tracy and I walked away. Merida, not getting the hint, followed us.

I decided to just ignore her as much as I could and went to talk to some of the girls.

"Um, I'm gonna go talk to Javi," Tracy declared, gesturing to Javi and his friends a few feet away from us. "See you."

"Bye," I replied, hugging her. "Say hi to Javi for me."

"Okay," Tracy agreed, before walking away to Javi's group. I turned to the girls.

"Evie, you look so hot today!" Rachel complimented, grinning at me.

"Thanks Rach," I replied with a small smirk. "How's Brandon?"

"Ugh, he's way too romantic," Rachel complained, causing us all to laugh. "I'm starting to wish I never left Gabe."

"Damn, sucks for you, girly," Astrid replied a little mercilessly. "Should've used your brain and not left him."

"Yeah," Rachel responded, frowning slightly. Oh yeah, Astrid had an argument with Rachel yesterday—I guess she still hadn't gotten over it.

"So, do you guys want to skip?" I suggested with a mischievous grin, trying to change the subject because I wasn't in the mood for drama right now. "We don't have to skip the first lesson, we can skip third period or maybe we can completely ditch after lunch."

"You know I'd love to, but I can't," Audrey voiced, pouting. "My teachers are all watching me and if they notice I skipped, they'll call my dad."

"Aw, that sucks," Kylie replied, before turning to me. "I can't either, I think I'm going to start focusing on school more."