CHAPTER 4 - Javi

"But are they real?" Mel's boyfriend, Brady, asked me. Tracy was still asleep, and I was eating breakfast with her family. I was just telling them about opossums, this animal I heard of but never saw.

"Opossums? Okay—"

"Excuse me," Tracy interrupted, walking into the kitchen and leaning against the counter.

"Oh hey," Melanie greeted, turning to face her. "Grab some oatmeal."

Mel scoot over in her chair and patted the empty space next to her.

"It's okay, I'm on a diet," Tracy declined. I guess she was too scared to eat near her family with the tongue piercing.

"Really, you should, uh, put some chocolate chips in it," Brady encouraged. "It's actually very good."

"Come on, Tracy," Mason said. "You know you get mean when you don't eat."

"Fuck you," Tracy replied playfully, shaking her head as I walked towards her to put away my bowl. "Come on Evie, let's go."

I began to follow her when Mel suddenly approached us and said, "Hey Evie, could you—could you just give us a little second?"

"Yeah, sure," I replied, as I strolled away to brush my teeth and finish up the rest of my outfit.

I styled my hair in a low ponytail with a few small braids, and put on a cute black shirt. I added a beaded cross necklace and a pair of sunglasses.

Tracy came in and asked if I was ready.

"Yeah, let's go," I said with a smile. I decided to be extra nice to her today, after finding out she cut herself yesterday.

We grabbed our bags and followed Mel to the car. As usual, Mel drove us to school. We came about thirty minutes early to hang out with the girls.

When we got out, we met up with some of the girls. Astrid, as usual, and this time Rachel, Kylie and Loren accompanied us.

We went to our usual hang out place, on the side of the school where the dumpsters were. The teachers never came here, so we were free to do whatever we liked.

We all leaned against the dumpsters and talked, and Rachel stood next to me and smoked.

Just then, Medina sauntered past us, embracing her new boyfriend. Ever since Tracy became a treasured member of my clique, we've stopped talking to Medina. I never really liked Medina that much anyway, and Tracy turned out to hate her, so we decided to kick her out.

"All of a sudden Medina has a ghetto booty?" Tracy commented, eyeing her up and down with a disbelieving chuckle.

"I think she stuffs," I replied, turning to look at Tracy with a small smirk.

"That slut ain't got shit compared to these double cheeseburgers," Astrid said loudly, smacking her ass and shaking it as a joke. Medina noticed and turned to stare at us as we all laughed.

"Shake it, don't break it, bitch," Medina retorted as she wheeled around and walked off. We all laughed even harder.

"Fuck her," Astrid said with an amused grin. It was so funny how easily Medina got offended.

Just then Marcus and Javi approached us with a slightly shy grin.

"Javi, you look hot," Astrid greeted as she enveloped him in a hug.

"What up?" Javi responded as he hugged her back.

"Hey Marcus," I said, before turning to Javi and giving him a hug. "Javi."

"Hey Evie," Javi responded, as I kissed him on the neck and backed away. The rest of the girls said their greetings and Javi approached Tracy.

Ooh. Tracy had told me that she liked Javi, and it seemed as if he liked her back. Which kind of sucked, since I did have a little crush on Javi, even though I was dating Ruben right now. But it's fine, I'll let Trace have him. It wasn't that big of a crush anyway. I think.