Chapter Thirteen

It had been a week since the incident and the dizzy spells were going away– near gone at that point. Lance felt his energy coming back to him and he was able to jump around without having the need to take a moment to steady himself. He still had nightmares but he was able to go talk to Shiro about them and everything seemed better than before.

Except for one thing.

Keith hadn't said a word to him since the mission. The most Lance could get out of him was a hum or a grunt before he'd turn and walk away leaving Lance feeling hurt. Had he done something wrong to warrant this reaction out of him? He wanted to ask Shiro about it but he seemed just as confused if the look he gave to Keith every time he walked away was to go by. At first Lance had thought that he was tired after the fight and didn't have the energy to talk but as the days rolled by he couldn't help the sinking feeling in his stomach every time he got ignored and a thousand questions flashed through his mind.

Was he okay? Was he mad at him? Was he annoyed with him? Did he not like how weak Lance had been the past couple of weeks? Was he pissed that he and Shiro were close that time? Did he not like him? Did he hate him?

Lance paced his room, trying to think of a reason Keith would be ignoring him, and all while doing so, kept thinking of self deprecating thoughts. He knew he had been weaker lately and he knew he could be annoying and he knew that he got a little too happy when either of them showed any type of affection towards him and he knew that he needed to be better. He knew all these things but he didn't know what one Keith disliked. It didn't matter, he supposed; he should just make things right and apologize. He would do anything to fix the mess he somehow created.

"Hunk, I think Keith's mad at me."

"I don't think so, dude."

"Then why does he keep ignoring me?"

Hunk paused with his tinkering with a thoughtful look in his eye. "Honestly, Lance, I have no clue."

Lance groaned, dropping his head into his hands. "I just don't know what to do."

"Just go talk to him," Hunk suggested, continuing what he was doing.

"Every single time I try to even breathe near him, he leaves the room!"

"I really wish I could help you but I don't know what to do either." Hunk finally gave his full attention to his best friend and gave him a reassuring smile. "I would just give him some time to sort through whatever he's got going through his head right now."

"But it's been a week," Lance whined before sighing. He just wanted to talk to him.

He left the room without another word to Hunk.

—-----------------------------------

"Good morning!"

Keith glanced up at Lance as he walked by but didn't utter a single word. Lance stopped and watched him turn a corner, out of sight, as his heart seemed to squeeze. He had done what Hunk had suggested and waited another two days but he got the same results. He felt so hurt with no real reason as to why. He couldn't pinpoint exactly what he had done to Keith and it was tearing him apart with each passing day.

He couldn't dwell too much further on it as Allura had called a meeting. She, Shiro, and Pidge were to fly down to the surface of the planet below and use the information they gathered to help convince the habitants to join their forces. They were quick to get ready and set off with no time to waste, hoping they were able to have new allies. Lance watched as two Lions– Allura in with Pidge– descended through the atmosphere even after it was out of sight. Eventually he shook out of his daze and ventured off to find where Hunk or Coran went to.