Prologue

There was no one in the Compound. Klaus and Elijah were out to run some errands, while Hayley and Rebekah were absent for various unknown reasons. Elliot took the time to enjoy the view from the balcony, looking down at the empty court yard. He realized, the feeling that he once loved was no longer there.

Elliot stepped away from the railings with disappointment, then slowly paced around the rooms, passing through the office they often had discussions in, the bedroom where Davina once lived in, and their room.

He lingered in front of the room filled with the memories he cherished. His fingers briefly traced through the small written post-it notes sticking on the wall. All those emojis, cartoon cats and hangman that used to bring him joy, now only deepened the cuts in his heart.

The rolling sound of the suitcase Elliot held was deafening as it moved forward on the concrete floor. Elliot kept looking back at the room, reluctant to tear his gaze away.

But there was no time left. They were returning home.

Elliot quickly descended down the stairs after glancing one last time at the letter he left on the nightstand, and disappeared into the night.

A sharp pang of uneasiness hit Rebekah's heart as she entered the unusually quiet Compound with Hayley by her side. She looked around, straining her ears for any movement in the building, but for nothing.

"Elliot is not home?" Hayley asked, confused, glancing around.

"Elliot?" Rebekah called as her anxiety grew.

No one answered.

"Elliot?" She called again, panic filling her stomach.

Nothing was heard except the echoing of her dreadful calls.

"Elliot?" She sped into dining room.

It was empty, so was every other rooms on the Ground floor. Rebekah frantically looked around the Compound as she yelled, "Elliot!"

She sped to their shared rooms and dread filled her stomach as she noticed everything belonged to him had disappeared and the conspicuous notes on the nightstand.

"No...." She whispered, skimming through the letter, "No....No, No, No!"

Rebekah tore apart the letter then the room in rage, trying to soothe out the hollowness in her heart.

It was what Klaus and Elijah saw when they returned to the Compound.

A trashed room and a heartbroken sister.

A/N: I know it's not really good, but I'm trying to work on my descriptions. Hope you guys like it~.