Chapter 13: History Repeating

Panic screams filled his ears.

Elliot's face fell and slammed the door opened in worry as he yelled, "Elena? Jeremy? What's going on?"

He strode into the kitchen room but no one was there, and immediately ran up the stairs.

"Bonnie!" He heard Elena's distraught shouts that was quickly followed by Caroline's calls.

"Elena? Caroline? What is going on?" He walked into Elena's room, and frowned deeply when he noticed the girls were banging hardly on the bathroom door.

"Bonnie is in there and we can't open thee door," Elena quickly informed, relaxing slightly at the sight of her older brother.

Elliot turned the doorknob, and weirdly, the door did not open despite the key was unlocked. He frowned deeply and asked, "Bonnie? Can you hear me?"

He was met with silence.

"Stay back," He turned at the two girls and explained, "I'm going to slam open the door."

Elliot slammed himself onto the door, creating loud thuds from the impacts, while Elena and Caroline watched worriedly at the scene. A patterned, rhythmic thumps echoed in the house as he attempted to release Bonnie from the closed bathroom.

But to no avail. The door simply wouldn't budge.

"This isn't going to work," He mumbled as his hands repeatedly turned the doorknob, and announced, "I'm going to get a knife. See if I can open the door."

Elliot began to walk away but the door suddenly snapped open, revealing an oddly quiet Bonnie. 

"What happened? Are you okay?" Elena rushed to ask.

"I'm fine," Bonnie replied calmly.

Elliot's eyes narrowed at the Bennett, something was wrong with her. He just didn't know what.

"Unbelievable. You were totally faking it," Caroline threw her hand up in exasperation.

"Caroline, come on," Elena called, hoping the blonde could let go of her recently formed hostility towards their Bennett friend.

"No! You scared the hell out of me," Caroline shook her head, crossing her arms over her chest and waiting expectedly for an apology or explanation.

"Bonnie?" Elena tentatively asked, noticing the seemingly dazed state her friend was in, and a matching frown with Elliot appeared on her face.

"I'm fine. Everything's fine," Bonnie said dully as her dark eyes traveled through the girls and lingered momentarily on Elliot, a hint of sympathy flashed in her eyes before it disappeared.

Elliot frowned deeply, puzzled at the emotions in her eyes, and ignored the sudden dread in the pit of his stomach. She couldn't possibly know, could she?

Bonnie began to descend down the stairs, making the trio followed after her with Elliot leading in the front.

"I can't believe I fell for it," Caroline huffed.

"Are you okay?" Elena went forward but was pulled back by Elliot who also grabbed the blonde teenage near him.

"I must go," Bonnie announced.

Immediately catching onto her choice of words, Elliot said, eyes not tearing away from the Bennett girl, "Something isn't right. What were you guys doing?"

"Bonnie was contacting her ancestor called Emily," Elena answered.

He stared deep into Bonnie's hollow and emotionless eyes and hesitantly asked, ".............Emily?"