Chapter 07: Vicki

Elliot woke up to the loud commotion coming from the restroom, tiredly rubbing his eyes, he entered the bathroom and groggily asked, "What are you guys arguing about?"

Narrowing his eyes at the two Gilbert siblings as he adjusted the bright light with a loud yawn, making Elena said guiltily, "Sorry, did we wake you up?"

Elliot waved his hand, dismissing her apologies, "I was gonna wake up anyway. So what are you two arguing about in this early morning?"

Jeremy turned away, huffing, and refused to speak, while Elena sighed in frustration, "Jeremy wants to skip school to go find Vicki."

"Vicki is missing!" Jeremy glared at her.

Elliot frowned deeply at the news, "Vicki? As in Matt's little sister?"

Elena nodded in response.

"They're organizing a search party for her," Jeremy added, "Can I go?"

"Do you have any exams today?" Elliot asked him, brushing his teeth and watching Jeremy shook his head in the mirror, and nodded, "I'll go with you."

"What?" Elena exclaimed and questioned, "You're letting him skip school?!"

"Thank you! I'll wait for you outside in five," Jeremy ran down stairs, leaving the two older siblings alone in the bathroom.

"Skipping school once or twice won't do any harm, Elena," Elliot said, hurriedly changing into hiss sweatshirts, "Besides, it's the girl Jeremy likes that's going missing. You can't expect him to stay aside and I would be disappointed if he does too."

"But–" She went to argue but was put into silent by his next question.

"If it's Stefan, will you stay at school and wait for police to call you?" Elliot looked pointedly at her, seeing she remained silent, and said, "You have to sometimes put yourself into his shoes, Elena. He is rebellious because he's hurt and constantly misunderstood."

"Right now, he doesn't need lectures from us. What he needs is our company and support. So as long as he doesn't make any fundamental mistakes, like doing drugs or drugs trafficking, we should just let him go," He paused for a moment, patting encouragingly on her shoulder, "The rest just needs time. It's a slow process. Anyway, I'm going to the search party with him, to keep an eye on him, just in case."

"Think about what I said, Elena," With that, Elliot went down to catch up with Jeremy as they rushed to the police station, eager to offer all the help they could provide.

In Mystic Falls high school, Elliot and Jeremy made a beeline to Matt and the former immediately asked, "Matt, we're joining the search party for Vicki. Do you remember where you last seen her that we can start searching?"

"She just called. She's okay," Matt said, looking surprised that the two had shown up.

"That's a relief," Elliot smiled, "Well, if you need anything, you know my number."

"Is she hurt?" Jeremy blurted out, worried covered his face.

Matt looked at the young Gilbert that seemed to have a crush on his little sister, something began bubbling inside him, though Jeremy's genuine concern made him swallowed whatever he was going to say and instead, he said, "She's alright. Thank you guys for coming. Really appreciate it."

Elliot nodded, "Anytime. If you need anything, you know my number."

"Thank man."

Matt watched the two Gilberts' retreating figures and the older said something the younger that made the latter huffed in annoyance, while the former chuckled teasingly. A small smile made its way on Matt's lips as warmth filled his heart.