Powergirl [KARA]

Reader gender: Female
Warning: Slight angst; wich means teenage drama and a breakup. Sorry if you expected your request to be somehow different, I'm not used to write angst so... well, at least I tried. Hope you like it anyways.

I was sitting on the couch with my friends watching the news channel, the reporter speaked while Livewire danced in the background.

"As it appears our own Superman girl is... no more..." At that exact moment Clownwire interrupted him.

We were shocked, this couldn't be true...

-It can't be. It just can't... -Babs said.

-But... but no...! It's not possible, there has to be an explanation! -I demand sorrowful, calling Kara, but she didn't pick the phone.

-How will we go on without her? -While Zee said that, I vaguely heard Kara's cell phone ringtone.

-It's like I can feel her spirit with us, even now...

One of two, either Kara is here, or she forgot her phone. Suddenly we heard the sound of a can popping.

-Supergirl! -We all exclaimed in unison.

-You're alive!

-You smell like fire! -Karen says and I laughed.

"And there she was, Mrs. Superman, throwing turbine blades, crashing into stuff! Don't she know how expensive this power plant is?!" A stupid man started complaining on the TV. I winced, Kara's not gonna like this.

-Ugh! Can you believe I tried to save that jerk?! -Kara stated angrily.

-Of course you tried to save that jerk You are Supergirl! -Diana cheered and all of them started smiling, I turned around to see Supergirl and she was frowning sulky, she's really upset huh?

I got closer to her an put my arm around Kara, hugging her by the shoulders.

-Don't listen to him, he's just idiot... -I wishpered to her. Kara shrugged and leaned towards me. I patted her head somehow bummed.

-Now sisters, let us go to the plant of power and correct this Grievous misconception! -Diana concluded her speech with impetus.

-Yeah! -The girls exclaimed, all of them except the blonde.

-No! -Kara interrupted. -So they think Supergirl bit the big one, right? Kicked the bucket? Six feet under? Snuffed out? -I held back my impulse to laugh at Kara's phrases.

-Oh, no. They think you're dead... -Diana answered. The amazon's anwer only made more difficult for me to hold my laugh.

-Well, good, good. You know, 'cause every time Supergirl tries to help, all they see is chaos and destruction. They're better off without her... -Standing up abruptly, she end to gave her reasons. -You know what? I am too.

-How can you say such a thing? -Jess asked concerned.

-Kara, please stop to think about it... -I say.

And like this, Powergirl story begins...

Supergirl was dead, yes, that's what the news said, but the rest of the team knew the truth. Things started well, Kara won the hearts of the media, she helped people and even convinced Superman to believe she was a version of herself from an alternate universe, but things got more complicated than just that...

Although [____] was happy that Kara finally had the respect and attention of the media as she so desired, a part of her was worried, the Kryptonian now behaved in an exaggeratedly arrogant manner, and did not put the common good as a priority. Rather, she seemed blinded by stardom, and the moment Kara's friends failed to talk some sense into her by showing their displeasure, [____] decided to talk to her... but it didn't go well...