Talking to him

The waiting arrow and the shattered heart fell into an awkward silence. So, the arrow started a conversation. A conversation about why the heart was broken.

---------------------------

The next day, I saw him walking. Walking slowly, like he's carrying something heavy.

His bright blue orbs that are so dull landed on me. I gave him a smile but he looked away and continued walking to wherever he was heading.

As the day went on, my head was thinking about the guy with the bright yet dull blue eyes. Thinking what happened to him and what's his name.

Finally, the class has ended as the bell rang. I went out of the room and straight to my locker.

As I was walking home, I passed by the playground and saw the guy I met. He was sitting on the swing where I found him.

I sat next to him silently. I rubbed my hand and blew out some air. I looked up the sky. It was clear and bright.

"Uhm... Thank you for sharing your umbrella with me yesterday." He said.

Now, I'm surprised.

He stood up from the swing he was sitting on. He stood up in front of me and reached out his hand.

"It's Ashton Grey by the way. I apologize for being rude." He said, scratching the back of his head and smiling shyly.

"Uhhh... it's nice knowing you." I said as I accept his hand.

His hand was smaller than mine, soft as a cotton and warm as a blanket. His hand was perfectly fitted in mine.

"Y-you wanna j-join me walk home?" He asked. I nodded as a reply.

After that, we left the playground and started walking home.

As we were walking, the question that's been bothering came out of my mouth.

"Why were you crying yesterday?" I asked but he kept silent.

So, we continued walking home with the deafening silence.