Befriending him

The shattered heart felt uncomfortable talking about what happened. So, the arrow decided to let it pass until the heart is ready to tell. Days passed where it turned to weeks. They became very close. So close that they're inseparable. The heart felt comfortable that the heart is ready to tell the truth.

------------------------------------

Class has ended as the school bell rang loudly. I went straight to my locker and waited for Ashton.

Everyday, I made my way to my lockers and waited for him. We've been doing this for weeks now and yet the question that's been bothering me still makes him uncomfortable. I let it pass until he wanted to tell me.

I looked left and right to find him along the sea of noisy students yet he hasn't arrived.

The sun is setting and it's getting dark. Orange lights' been scattered along the cloudy sky. I checked the time on my wrist watch. He's been two hours late since the class has ended. My patience was running out yet he hasn't arrived. I waited and waited and waited.

The sun was gone and the stars are out. I looked around and saw the person with raven black hair walking its way to me. He was looking down at the cold, tiled floor. He looked up at me with his bright blue eyes. They're dull like the first time I saw him.

When he saw me, liquid tears ran down his face. I ran up to him and hold his shoulders.

"What happened?" I asked him as I wiped a tear out of his rosy cheeks. My voice was laced with worry. He didn't reply as I let him cry his heart out.

"C-can I s-stay at your p-place for the night?" He asked, sobbing. I nodded at him as a reply.

I let Ashton ride on my back as we made our way to my small house. He was still whimpering while resting his head on my shoulder.

We arrived home, me feelung tired but happy. I was still worried about him though.

I put him down and fish out the key in my pocket. As I entered, I was greeted by my worried mom. I told her that I'm fine and asked her if Ashton could stay for the night. Hopefully, she agreed.

We proceed to my small bedroom. He sits on my queen sized bed and looked around. I changed my clothes and let him borrow some of my shirt and shorts. I made some warm milk to let him drink and feel comfortable.

I sat down in front of him and looked at him in the eyes. They were so beautiful I couldn't get used to it.

"Christoph, do you remember the time you saw me crying, sitting one of the swings on the playground?" He asked and I nodded as a reply. He continued talking.

"Well... it was the day I saw my boyfriend kissing a girl, which is his current girlfriend, and broke up with me. He was my bestfriend since diaper days and we started dating a year ago. I liked him for three years and I confessed to him. He told me he liked me too and that's the time he asked me to go out with him. Months passed he started acting strange. He would always go somehwere, telling me it's none of my business. The day you found me came, I was walking to my locker when I saw him and a girl kissing passionately. I ran and ran and ran until I stopped at the playground. It was raining hard and I was crying my heart out. I felt so broken. My heart's been broken. It felt like it was thrown on a hard wall and shattered to pieces."

He paused as he was whimpering and wiping his tear. I moved closer to him and rubbed his back to comfort.

"The reason I was late, I saw them making out in front of my locker. I ran to the boys' comfort room and locked it. I cried there for hours until I decided to come out."

He's a whimpering mess when he finished telling me the truth. I hugged him and rubbed his back in a comforting way.

Soon, I heard faint snoring. He fell asleep after telling me what happened when I found him.

I carried him and laid him down on the bed. I lied down beside him and cover us the warm blanket. I embraced him and he snuggled closer to me.

"It's okay now. I'm here. I will never leave you." I said in my head as darkness consumed me.