4/8 SOMEONE who's rich

2021, College Freshmen

Jungwon sat boredly on a plant box patiently waiting for an expensive car to enter the university's gate. It was still so early yet he had no choice but to be there. He was waiting for a rich sophomore who drives different cars each week named Park Jay.

Apparently, according to Seonwoo, all person has a crush on a rich person who sports a bad boy look. That of the fictional characters in a book or in a drama.

Nah, except Jungwon. He was not interested in those kind of men. Jungwon isn't interested with a person that isn't interested with him, Seonwoo is.

Apparently, Seonwoo's crush for this year is Park Jay.

“He just changed the color of his last porsche, how disappointing,” Seonwoo speaks the moment an expensive red porsche appear on the horizon.

“Does it matter?” Jungwon couldn't help but ask, “We don't even know if that's a same car.”

“It has the same number, Jungwon. Come on, let's continue our sleep at the dorm,” Seonwoo stood up from the plant box and started walking.

Jungwon followed behind.

“You don't have a class this afternoon, right?” Jungwon asked.

“Yeah, why?”

“Ni-ki's coming to visit, do you wanna come meet him?”

Seonwoo stopped for a while and waited until Jungwon caught up to him.

“Doesn't he have a class? He's graduating,” Seonwoo wonders.

“Well, I asked him to come...” Jungwon reluctantly said.

“Why?” Suddenly, Seonwoo sounded concern, “Do you still feel homesick? We already shared a room together.”

Jungwon shook his head.

The fact that he's with Seonwoo almost all of his free time worsen the state of his homesickness. He missed their high school days so much, where Riki was still there to change the topic whenever Seonwoo started babbling about his crushes and petty standards.

“Your stories full of Park Jay didn't help at all, Sunoo,” Jungwon said truthfully. “I already know half of his life even though I'm not interested in him. I know him more than I know my Calculus.”

Seonwoo let out a sheepish laugh, “We still don't know one thing about him, though.”

“And what is that?”

“If he wanted to be friends with us,” Seonwoo excitedly says.

Jungwon sports a poker face as his steps becoming heavier.

“Are you seriously gonna ask him that?” Jungwon asked.

“Yeah, I'm just waiting for a perfect time. We need some new friends, and maybe it'll help you decrease the feeling of homesickness. And if he became our friend, maybe he'll give us a free ride all over the university and maybe even outside too—”

Jungwon mentally blocked his ears to stop hearing the nonstop story of Seonwoo again. He didn't even want Jay to be their friend. He didn't need a rich friend who had plenty of cars.

Instead, Jungwon needs a friend like Riki who's willing to ditch a class and spend money on bus fare only to meet him. He wished Seonwoo would see that effort and stop his imaginations on high-standard non-existent person.

×××

Jungwon sat quietly beside Riki as he was finishing his essay that is due tomorrow. Riki is playing loudly on his phone but it made Jungwon relax, somehow. The sight of Riki and Seonwoo feels home to him, even though the two only bicker and fight whenever they're near each other.

It might be quite expensive but Riki promised to visit Jungwon every Sunday of the week. It is the same day every week that Jay is asking them to come to a house party. However, Jungwon would decline because seeing Riki is his only rest.

That's another reason why Seonwoo hates Riki more. Except, he couldn't do anything about it because he also cares about Jungwon's emotional health state.

And yes, Jay is now their friend. Uh, Jay is friends with everyone else but he eats his lunch with their table. So maybe, they're Jay's special friend.

“Anyways, I have applied for a university abroad,” Riki suddenly speaks.

“And?” Seonwoo curiously asked.

Riki shrugged, “Nothing, I just shared.”

“It'll be a good news if you got accepted,” Seonwoo sarcastically said.

“Of course, then I wouldn't have to see your annoying face anymore,” Riki replied back.

“You're the annoying one, don't deny that fact,” Seonwoo rolled his eyes.

Riki only made face as he focused back on his game. Not a minute later, he talked again.

Jungwon remained silently writing his essay. He already knew that Riki passed all the university entrance examination he took abroad but Riki wouldn't dare study there.

Jungwon already knew it from the start.

×××

Seonwoo boredly scrolled through his phone. He have already finished the water he ordered yet he was still alone.

He set Jungwon up on a date with Jay. Yep, Seonwoo did that. Jay have confessed to him that he likes Jungwon and asked for his help, Seonwoo gladly agreed.

Although he knew that Jungwon would hate him for it, he still made a plan to make Jungwon go on a date with Jay. It's not going to be his problem, anyway, if Jungwon suddenly acts really mad at the scene. However, Seonwoo hoped Jungwon will enjoy this day.

Seonwoo looked up when he heard the door of the shop open. He let out a sigh of relief when he sees Riki entering.

“Yah! What made you so late? I've been starving here for an hour!” Seonwoo exclaimed.

Riki only rolled his eyes as he sat down the chair across Seonwoo.

“Well, mister, I had a paper due on monday as I am a graduating highschool student,” Riki replied. “I hope Jungwon would curse at you tonight,” he added.

Seonwoo let the comment go as he fished out a couple of papers from his bag.

“I need help with this,” Seonwoo said.

Riki took the papers and scanned what's written in it.

“How can you get a failing score at a simple subject like this one,” Riki commented as he continued scanning the paper.

“Well, because I am not a smartass like you?” Seonwoo sarcastically said.

Riki let out a laugh, “Let's eat first.”

The two ordered their foods and Riki answered the questions correctly as they were eating. It was one of those moments where they were not fighting and actually having a serious conversation.

If Jungwon was there to witness, he must have been so proud of this moment.

“Your handwriting sucks, how can I understand it?” Seonwoo commented after five minutes of peace.

“Then get a failing grade again,” Riki suggested, his voice filled with sarcasm.

“Wait until I find another human like Jake here, I wouldn't ask for your help.”

“Sure, good luck with that.”

The small fight ended with that as they became serious discussing the problem again.

In the end, Seonwoo have to pay for the foods they consume because, apparently, Riki's cash is only enough for a bus fare.

That is why, Seonwoo's third standard of his ideal person is rich.

tengyu_