6/8 SOMEONE who's sweet

2023, Junior College

It is a miracle that university's meals have improved.

“You're gaining some weight,” Jungwon couldn't help but notice.

Seonwoo only shrugged.

Eversince he met Sunghoon, he daily received a taste-test of things he baked. Not only that he baked, Sunghoon also has a double major and he takes culinary arts as well.

So, who wouldn't gain weight if they receive free good meals?

“Anyways, why are you two don't eat here anymore? I'm telling you the meals have improved,” Jungwon asked.

Both of his friend sat in front of him as they were facing books and reviewers while he eats.

Jungwon have been wondering why Seonwoo would disappear every morning, lunch and dinner. Even Riki stopped joining him in meals. Sometimes, Jungwon just want to call Jay so he could have someone to eat with.  However, Jay is already a graduating student and is currently taking his on-the-job training at his parent's company.

“I already ate at the dorm, my new room mate cooks,” Riki simply replied.

“I'm full,” Seonwoo speaks after.

“You're secretly dating, aren't you?” Riki curiously asked.

The silence made Seonwoo curious of what's happening, so he looked up and found two eyes staring down at him.

“What?” he asked.

“According to Jungwon, you disappear in times of meal and that's an act of a person who's secretly dating someone,” Riki said.

Seonwoo could feel his skin heat up so he looked down to hide his flushed cheeks, “Are you now a detective?” he asked.

Riki laughs, “See, he's guilty.”

Seonwoo glared at the younger.

“Enough, please,” Jungwon interrupted, “It's none of our business if he's dating, Ni-ki.”

Seonwoo stared back at Jungwon who only smiled, “I'm not?”

“Really? I see you receiving sweets from that pastry major,” Jungwon said.

Riki laughs louder.

×××

Seonwoo looks around the corner if ever Jungwon was there watching before he takes the box of cake from Sunghoon.

“Why? Is there someone following you?” Sunghoon curiously asked as he looks around as well.

Seonwoo shook his head before he dragged Sunghoon towards an empty table on the student lounge.

Sunghoon places the meal box down the table as they both sat down. Eating meals together became their habit as Sunghoon loved hearing praises from Seonwoo. Eversince they met at that bakery, the two became really good friends.

Even though Sunghoon is a graduating student and is currently training under the university canteen, he make sure to give their meals a time. He also never misses  to give Seonwoo his favorite sweets.

“Why  are you eating so little?” Sunghoon asked, “Is there something wrong with the food?”

Seonwoo shook his head. “Jungwon said I was gaining weight.”

Sunghoon stared at him in disbelief.

“I should start a diet,” Seonwoo speaks again.

“Do you wanna have a run on the field? I'll join you later this afternoon after my shift,” Sunghoon offered.

Seonwoo looked at him confusely.

“Let's burn some calories before we eat them again,” Sunghoon laugh sheepishly which made Seonwoo smile for a bit.

Sunghoon then reach his arm and ruffles Seonwoo's hair, “You don't have to think too deep over what Jungwon have said. I'm sure it's not his intention to hurt your feelings.”

“Thanks,” Seonwoo could only say.

Later that day, Seonwoo found himself running around the field with Sunghoon by his side. He didn't even notice Jungwon, Jay and Riki watching from afar.

×××

Seonwoo felt a little disappointed.

Not hurt.

Sunghoon have called to meet him outside the university for something. Seonwoo came late after his class and he sees Sunghoon sitting in a table with a guy beside him.

Apparently, Sunghoon is dating. Not just someone but the kind Jake— Seonwoo's first crush.

Sunghoon was one sweet talking person. His voice, his laugh, his actions, everything about him screamed sweetness and Seonwoo might have felt something close to affection.

Sunghoon and Jake are a cupid-perfect couple anyways, so it's gonna be fine.

Him and Sunghoon remained friends and still did the things they were accustomed to. Like eating meals and running around the field together.

“When are you gonna introduce him to us?” Jungwon asked.

“Who?” Seonwoo asked confuse.

Jungwon and Jay stared at him.

“Sunghoon? He doesn't have enough time to meet new people as he was busy preparing for the graduation, guys. Let's just meet him at the after party, we're all invited, anyways,” Seonwoo shrugged.

He haven't told them yet because there's nothing to talk about, really. Sweet Sunghoon might have all the characteristics he was looking for a person but there's one standard missing.

Someone...someone who loves him.

tengyu_