2/8 SOMEONE who's kind

2019, Junior Highschool

The bell is about to ring in a few minutes. Jungwon had to write really fast to finish copying the draft of his math assignment. However, his eyes caught something unusual.

"Yah, Sunoo!" Jungwon called upon noticing that his friend had stopped copying the same draft.

Seonwoo sighed dreamily, his eyes following someone who was entering the school gate with a kind smile on his face-one of the senior student, Jake. He greeted everyone he walk past into, he even bowed to the teachers and offered help to carry some of their books.

A boy beside Jungwon clicked his tongue.

"You should've asked him to help you with this assignment if you glorify his existence that much," A somewhat sulky voice speaks.

"He'd sure help without asking for anything in return, unlike you!" Seonwoo rolled his eyes at Riki.

"How da-"

"Stop, you two!" Jungwon interrupted. "Sunoo, please. I know you like kind-hearted person like Jake, but please hurry and copy all of these. The teacher might not give you another chance again."

Seonwoo picks up the pen on his notebook as he starts copying the answers again.

"I don't like Jake, for your information," he clears.

"Yeah, sure," Jungwon nodded along.

The two wrote in silence, both hurrying to copy everything before the bell rings. Riki sat beside them with a lollipop on his mouth.

Riki is a year younger than them. He was Seonwoo's neighbor and they've known each other like no other. Except, they're not friends. They mostly hate each others' existence but still end up hanging out together because of Jungwon-a friend they met at school.

Even though Riki was younger, Sunoo and Jungwon prefer to ask him for help with their math assignments as he was excellent with it. That being said, Riki never waste his time for free.

He was kind, but not the type of kindness like Jake have.

An answer equals to free lunch, ha.

×××

Seonwoo quickly stood up from his seat when he sees Riki walking outside the front door. He kept his eyes lock on Riki, watching him walk along the side of the road, from the window of their house.

"Where are you going? You still haven't finish your meal yet," His sister speaks.

"Nah, I have to run after Ni-ki," Seonwoo said, picking up his school bag from the couch along with the pile of school books he will return.

"I'll be going!" Seonwoo shouts before he dashed out the house, running after the younger boy.

Riki heard the voice from his place but he refuse to stop and look.

"Ni-ki!"

Nope, Riki thought. He continued walking as if he heard nothing. For sure the older boy needs something from him, and no, Riki ain't helping.

Well, he had no intentions to help until a pile of books were forcefully thrown in his arms.

"Ugh!" Riki winces as he was caught off guard by the sudden weight of the books. "I should've run."

"Too late, I already caught up. I was only planning on giving you half of it, but I changed my mind. Thanks for your help," Seonwoo flipped his non-existence long hair as he sassily walk in front of Riki.

Riki could only roll his eyes.

"This is slavery," Riki murmured as he followed behind the older.

Riki helped in carrying the books to the school half-hartedly. He knew he couldn't give it back to Seonwoo or else it would be a disaster, and no, Riki don't want an early embarassment.

"Where are your books?" Jungwon asked as soon as they meet outside the school gate.

Seonwoo smiled as he looked back at the younger boy behind him.

"This is slavery," Riki rolled his eyes again.

"Yah, Sunoo," Jungwon nudges him, "Take your books from him, remember we need a tutor for the finals."

"No, I'm not available," Riki says as he heard Jungwon.

"Why not? Make use of your math skills," Seonwoo said, already transferring all the books to his arms from Riki.

"Apparently, I also have finals like you two. Why not ask the kind senior over there?" Riki sarcastically said, pointing towards the boy who was politely bowing and greeting the school guards.

Jungwon and Seonwoo looked over the place Riki was pointing. Jake was entering the school gate with his ever-kind smile plastered on his lips. He bows and greet everyone he passed by.

"He also have finals, idiot," Seonwoo then said.

"Please, Ni-ki," Jungwon interrupted the upcoming fight. "We're more comfortable if you help us."

"Nah," Riki shook his head.

"Please," Jungwon said, his voice magically sounded like a hurt puppy.

Riki stared at his friend. Those looks are his weakness. Jungwon might mostly be with Seonwoo's side but he also was a good friend to Riki.

"Ok-"

"If you don't want, then don't. I'll just ask the kind senior named Jake to help us study. Besides, he'd do it for free and we won't pay for his lunch. Come, Jungwon," Seonwoo pulled Jungwon towards the gate and entered the school without looking back.

Riki let out a laugh as he followed inside.

"Perfect!" He said enthusiastically.

He was just about to agree, but anyways. Riki left a half-smile plastered to his lips until he reach his own classroom.

×××

"Don't you think we acted a bit harsh towards Ni-ki?" Jungwon couldn't help but ask the question.

It's been weeks and Riki seemed like avoiding them.

"Nah," Seonwoo said, "As if it's the first time this happened. He must be busy with the upcoming finals too, don't worry."

Jungwon nodded along, opening the reviewer Jake have made for them.

The kind senior is too patient in teaching them. He made sure to check the improvements and even made reviewers for them. Not only in math, but to all of their subjects, and he did all that without asking for anything in return.

Jake was one of a kind. His kindness screamed innocence and pureness. No wonder god have blessed him with intelligence and good looks.

Thanks to him, Jungwon and Seonwoo passed Junior Highschool without a failing grade.

"Yay! We did it!" Seonwoo screamed happily after he sees the copy of his grades.

Riki laughs, "Wow, for the first time you actually pass without taking remedials."

Seonwoo smacked the younger in the arm.

"Jake will graduate this year, are you ready to help us next year?" Seonwoo asked.

"Eh? Who said I'll help?" Riki faked a cough.

"C'mon, Ni-ki, we'll treat you lunch for the whole school year," Jungwon butted in to the conversation before a childish fight could emerge.

Riki only shrugged.

"I wonder where did all your money go? You always had free lunch yet you can't buy yourself a damn pen," Seonwoo speaks.

"Game credits, duh," Riki sassily said. "Anyways, congratulations to the both of you for passing the finals without taking remedials."

"Can you stop repeating that?" Jungwon snaps. He could hear the teasing tone Riki was using.

Riki only laughs.

tengyu_