8/8 THE Perfect Ideal Person

“In all honestly,” Riki started, “I don't feel the same.”

“I don't like you, Sunoo.”

Riki stepped closer to the older as he held Seonwoo's chin and made him look directly at his eyes. Seonwoo's eyes is already crowded with tears.

Riki heaved a sigh as he prepare himself for the next word he will utter. A flashback of the past started appearing before him.

×××

2019, Sophomore Riki in HS

Riki is silently reading his reviewer at the library when someone sat beside him. He curiously look at the person and the papers he place down on the table.

“I'm sorry to disturb you, but can we share a table? I'll make no noise,” the kind senior smiled at him.

Who is Riki to say no to such person? Of course, he agreed to share table. Not only that, he also helped the senior in making notes of reviewer.

He knew that Jake is a kind person but he only realized how much of a kind person the senior really is. He volunteered to make reviewers for all of Jungwon and Seonwoo's subject without asking anything in return. Riki kinda felt guilty so he offered to help the senior. Also, through that, Seonwoo and Jungwon wouldn't have to know that he actually cared.

2020, Junior Riki in HS

Riki entered the bathroom and found Jungwon nervously standing after the mirror. He handed the older his ID as he gave him a smile.

“Don't ever tell this to Sunoo,” Riki said.

“What you did was wrong, Ni-ki, the teacher could have caught you!”

“Shh!” Riki hushed, “She didn't and she will never if you don't speak about it. Here's your pencil,” Riki said as he handed Jungwon the pencil he used in changing Seonwoo's answer.

“Sunoo might feel belittled if he will know about this, so please never tell him,” Riki added.

“I don't want him to feel disappointed in himself and in what you did,” Jungwon said.

Riki only nodded. He, too, didn't want to get Seonwoo disappointed in him.

2021, Senior Riki in HS

Riki opened  message after message, his eyes tired of  reading the same content as he goes through his email.

‘Congratulations! Your application of scholarship to this university is accepted.’

He applied to ten different universities abroad and he is accepted in all. However, he was waiting for one specific university to email him. The university where his friends where studying. Although he believed in himself, he could feel him being nervous about the result of his examination.

What if he got rejected? He couldn't picture himself being away from them. And what if Jungwon or Seonwoo needs his help? How could he travel back to Seoul to see them?

“Riki! Why are the casting mails all in the trash? Didn't you said you'll start training once you graduate highschool?” His sister shouted from the living room.

Well, Riki changed his dream already.

2022, Freshman Riki in College

“I'm Lee Heeseung, a senior in college.”

“I'm Nishimura Riki,” Riki said as he bowed 90 degree to the person he will be sharing room with for the whole year.

The older smiled at him, “You're so cute, I wish you're my brother.”

Riki only smiled as the older ruffles his hair.

×××

Seonwoo blinked as tears started falling off his eyes. He felt how Riki's thumb wiped the tears away, however his traitor eyes only released more salt liquid.

“Sunoo...”

“Maybe from the start, that day you started glorifying Jake's existence. I could say I liked you then, but things already change.”

“As years passed by and our personality mature, everything have change.”

“Sunoo, I don't just like you.”

“H-huh?” Seonwoo asked confusely.

All the words that left Riki's lips were like a puzzle to his brain. He couldn't understand a thing.

“It's far more deeper than just liking you.” Riki finally said as he pulled the older towards him.

Riki engulfed the older in a hug while Seonwoo remained unmoving. The sudden confession must've stunned him.

“Ni-ki, do you mean you l-love me?”

“How low is your IQ to only realize that now? I've been showing for years,” Riki said.

Seonwoo hits Riki's back before his hand settled on the younger's waist.

“I may not know how deep my feelings were but we can work on that, right? Thanks for the things you've done for me all these years without my knowledge. I promise to start giving you my attention from now even though you still annoy me sometimes,” Seonwoo said.

“I have to go now,” Riki said.

Seonwoo pushed the younger away as he detached himself.

“I'm on the way to loving you back, Ni-ki.”

tengyu_