Book 1 - Infinity War | 1. Space stone

Tony groaned, opening his eyes to find himself in a movie theatre? How did he get here? He was at the Compound with the kid. Where was Peter?

He quickly got to his feet and realized that Peter was nearby, slowly waking up, along with Pepper and Rhodey. He quickly moved to help all of them up.

"Tony? How what are we doing here?" said a voice that made Tony's blood boil. Tony angrily turned around to find Rogers, Barnes, Natasha, Vision, Maximoff, Wilson, Barton, and the shrinking guy.

"What the hell are you doing here?" yelled Tony, glaring at him and Barnes.

"Tony, please, just calm down!" said Natasha. "Let's figure out why we're here and who brought us here."

"You don't even know what he's done! What Rogers hid from me!"

By this point, everyone was awake. Steve was standing protectively in front of Bucky, which made Tony scowl even more.

"I'm sorry, Tony! I never meant to hurt you. I was just trying to protect Bucky," said Steve.

"You should have told me!"

"You're right, I should have, and I'm sorry I didn't."

Tony glared at Steve. "I read the files after Siberia, Rogers. I know what they did to Barnes. I know he didn't have a choice, but all I see when I look at Barnes is him bashing my father's face in and strangling my mother!"

Steve and Bucky paled. Several people gasped.

"Wait, is this why the Avengers broke up?" asked Peter.

"Uh guys, why is there a child here?" said Sam, looking curiously at Peter. Peter shrunk back slightly, which Tony caught and moved in front of him to shield him from everyone but Pepper and Rhodey.

"This is Peter, my intern."

"I didn't know you have interns," said Natasha curiously.

Tony sniffed. "You were gone a while; things change."

Natasha nodded. "Looks like they did."

Clint snorted quietly. There was no way that the kid was Tony's intern. He was a father; he knew fatherly behaviour when he saw it.

Peter was looking at all the other Avengers with wide eyes.

"Uh guys, how did we even here?" said Clint.

"Perhaps this may provide an answer," Vision spoke up, revealing a note.

"Where'd that come from?" Rhodey asked.

"It was attached to the chair I woke up in," he replied.

"Well, what does it say?" asked Wanda.

Vision looked at the note and read, "Thanos is coming. You need to join forces with yourselves and new allies."

"Who the hell is Than—" exclaimed Rhodey before he was interrupted by Thor, Bruce, Loki, an unfamiliar woman, an unfamiliar man, and the strangest group of people he'd ever seen. A human, a grey man, a blue woman, a green woman, another woman with antennae, a tree, and a raccoon?

Peter's jaw dropped. Thor was right in front of him!

Loki's appearance brought the Avengers to tense, which in turn made the other group tense.

"Friends, don't worry! Loki is good now!" said Thor with the biggest grin. "He helped us save Asgard." Thor nudged Banner, "Go on, tell them."

"Um, yeah. He did help us save Asgard."

The Avengers looked at him dubiously.

"You were on another planet this entire time?" asked Natasha, shocked.