9. What if... The Watcher broke his oath?

In 2014, the STRIKE team, Black Widow, and Captain Carter were on a Quinjet. Peggy Carter was wearing her version of the stealth suit.

Steve beamed at seeing Captain Carter again and seeing she got a stealth suit too.

"Ugh, it's 2014. That wasn't a good year," said Natasha.

"HYDRA's still up to their bullshit even with all the changes to Captain Carter's universe?" Clint said.

"Of course, HYDRA would still exist," Tony snarled. "Those assholes never go away."

"Even if Zola was captured earlier, he was probably still recruited by SHIELD," said Sam.

"I'm so tired of hearing about Zola," Bucky said.

Peggy briefed the team about the Lemurian Star and how pirates, led by Batroc, took the ship.

Natasha's face soured. "The Lemurian Star mission is where it all started to go wrong."

"In another universe, Peggy's niece killed Batroc," said Bucky.

Sam scowled. "And successfully blamed on the 22-year-old."

"Oh shit, Peggy and Sharon are around the same age in that universe," said Steve. Would Sharon still become the Power Broker?

"I've got the shield. You've got the sword," Peggy told Natasha, who replied, "More like knives, but cute wordplay."

"Huh," said Natasha. "That's what I said before." It would've been nice having another woman on the team before Wanda arrived.

Steve was pleased with seeing Natasha and Peggy working together since they were some of the most important people in his life.

"Kill the engines and find the hostages," Peggy told the team.

"This whole mission was Fury's dirty work," said Steve.

"One of the hostages is Sitwell. They can leave him there," Natasha said.

"Oh shit, I killed Sitwell, didn't I?" Bucky realized.

Sam grimaced. "Yeah..."

"So, any plans for Saturday night?" Natasha asked Peggy.

"It's nice to know that Nat's still trying to set people up," Steve said, exasperated.

Natasha's eyes lit up. "Do you want me to find someone for you?"

"The last person you tried to set me up with ended up becoming the head of an international criminal organization."

"And I thought my very non-existent love life was a mess," Stephen muttered.

"No, don't. Stop right there." "Bernard in Accounting was asking about you."

"Bernard in Accounting? At least, find her a good date," Steve scoffed.

"Nothing good has ever followed the phrase, 'Bernard in Accounting'," Peggy replied.

"Exactly!" Steve exclaimed.

"What if his name was Steve?" "Ouch! Just when we were becoming pals, Widow."

Steve smiled sadly. He wished he could be with Peggy, but that ship had sailed a long time ago. He was so proud of her, though. She had done great things in their universe and was doing great things in another, albeit in a slightly more violent way.

The jet doors opened. Peggy winked at Natasha and jumped out of the jet with no parachute.

"She jumped out with no parachute. All these super soldiers are insane," Sam said flatly.