Book 15 - Eternals | 1. Mesopotamia & London

Text appeared on the screen. "In the beginning, before the six singularities and the dawn of creation, came the Celestials."

"Six singularities as in the Infinity Stones?" Wong said.

"Celestials? Oh, hell no," said Quill.

"Like Knowhere and your father?" Sam asked.

The Eternals choked. "Your what?" Ikaris said, astonished.

"You're the son of a Celestial?" Kingo said, wide-eyed.

"Yeah, and so is Mantis. She's my sister and we killed our Celestial father, Ego," Quill replied. "He was a dick."

"Yes, he was," Mantis agreed.

The Eternals stared at Quill and Mantis in awe and complete confusion while the Avengers and the rest of the Guardians were highly amused. Eros blinked; his niece was dating the son of a Celestial?

"You killed a Celestial? Is having a Celestial as a father even possible?" Phastos questioned in disbelief.

"I'm...not sure," Ajak said, lost. Did Ego create Quill and Mantis like the Arishem created them or was he talking about biological creation?

"It's possible," Quill said. "Ego went on a tangent about how he was a Celestial and had seeds planted in planets. He wanted to create new extensions of himself to fulfill life's one true purpose—to grow and spread."

"That's all he ever talked about when I was living with him," Mantis added.

Ajak and Ikaris blanched and exchanged an alarmed look.

"Does Arishem know?" Makkari signed, asking Ajak.

Ajak shook her head. "If he knows then he never told me. I've never heard of Ego," she said while signing. But Quill and Mantis have to be the children of a Celestial since Quill was uncomfortably close to the true reason of why the Eternals were on Earth.

"You two must be very powerful," Thena told Quill and Mantis.

"Oh! Uh, yeah. Obviously, I'm very powerful. I'm known as the legendary Star-Lord," Quill said, puffing his chest out. The Avengers and Guardians roared with laughter causing him to shoot them a dirty look.

"Thank you!" Mantis said brightly.

"Arishem, the Prime Celestial, created the first sun and brought light into the universe. Life began and thrived. All was in balance."

"What do you mean by 'created the first sun'? What about the Big Bang Theory?" Jane said.

"The Celestials created life. They're responsible for the Big Bang Theory," said Ajak.

Gamora snorted. "More like destroyed it. Or have you not heard about that one Celestial who destroyed an entire planet with the Power Stone?"

The Eternals were dumbfounded. "I'm sorry, what?" Sprite said.

"For people who were sent by the Celestials, you don't seem to know much about them," said Valkyrie.

"Until an unnatural species of predator emerged from deep space to feed on intelligent life—they were known as the Deviants. The universe was plunged into chaos. To restore the natural order, Arishem sent Eternals—immortal heroes from the planet Olympia—to eliminate the Deviants."

Eros raised an eyebrow. So, the Eternals on Earth still believed the lies that the Celestials were feeding them.

"Deviants are disgusting beings. It was a pain fighting them," said Thor.