4. The Illuminati

Wong and Wanda walked out of a portal and onto a snowy mountain. The Darkhold Castle was on top of Mount Wundagore.

The Avengers shuddered at seeing Mount Wundagore.

"That castle even looks evil," said Scott.

"It's Chthon's castle so, of course, it is," said Stephen.

Wanda still couldn't believe Chthon was involved in this. She thought she had a hang of her magic and was much more knowledgeable about it, but it turns out she still didn't know as much as she thought.

"You couldn't portal us up there?" Wanda asked. Wong said the Masters of the Mystic Arts weren't meant to tread upon the forbidden grounds of Wundagore.

"It's forbidden for a reason," said Wong. He had an empty feeling in his stomach at seeing all of this.

"I can see why if a super evil demon transcribed the Darkhold's spells into the walls of the Castle," said Sam.

Wanda flew towards the Darkhold Castle with Wong and landed in the castle. Wong explained that the first demon, Chthon, carved his dark magic into this tomb, and these spells were later transcribed into the Darkhold.

Loki listened to Wong's explanation with interest. Earth's sorcery and witchcraft were very different from Asgard's.

"Nothing good can come out of this," said Vision.

Wanda and Wong whirled around as they heard stone crumble, but didn't see anyone.

Everyone froze, especially Wong, Stephen, Clea, and Wanda.

"That castle continues to get creepier and creepier," said Kate.

"That castle literally has evil spells carved into its walls," Peter pointed out.

"There's no telling what soulless monstrosities lie within," Wong said, looking at a statue of Chthon.

Wong, Stephen, Clea, and Wanda looked at Chthon's statue in fear.

"This whole thing is a monstrosity," said Carol.

"Including those dreamwalking spells," Loki hissed.

"Who decides to go to the Darkhold Castle and willingly seeks out spells that Chthon himself has transcribed?" Wong said.

"Someone whose mind has been shattered by love," Stephen said, quoting O'Bengh. Strange Supreme would've done the same thing if it meant he could get Christine back.

Wanda's eyes softened.

The Darkhold Castle Guards roared as they surrounded Wong and Wanda, who cast defensive spells. The guards kneeled towards the Scarlet Witch.

There was a pause as everyone was taken aback.

"They're kneeling?" Wanda said, extremely confused.

Vision was firmly a technological man considering he was quite literally made from technology, but his and Wanda's relationship was a marriage of technology and magic. Sometimes he couldn't comprehend Wanda's world.

"They've been waiting for me," Wanda realized. She saw a giant statue of the Scarlet Witch. "This isn't a tomb. It's a throne."

Their eyes widened.

"This is a castle for...me?" Wanda said, astonished.

"Which makes sense since Chthon was the one who prophesied the existence of the Scarlet Witch," said Clea. She knew what it was like to deal with powerful entities since her uncle was called a Cosmic Conqueror and the Destroyer of Worlds.