Spill the LGB-Tea

Dear Diary,

Today, I got to see the Y/N that Jason told me about. He's pretty alright, but I don't know much about him. I miss Jason. Maybe if I get close to Y/N, he can help me get Jason back. Update you soon, diary!

~Korie

Years later...

"Hey, Y/N!"

I recognize that voice. It's Korie, Jason's little sister!

She befriended me soon after he went to jail, and we found out that we actually had a lot in common! She's one of my closest friends now!

"Oh, hey, Korie. What's up?"

I notice that her hair is significantly shorter, and she dyed it blonde.

"I've finally figured it out! I'm a guy!" He beams cheerfully.

I have to give him a big hug. He took several years figuring it out, and now that he knows,  I can't help making him feel like all the time and effort was worth it.

"I...I'm so happy, Y/N..." he sniffles, letting a teardrop fall onto my chest.

"Me too, uh...are you changing your name?"

"N-no...I...I like it..." he continues his happy tears.

I stroke his hair softly.

"Are you starting your junior year as a male, or...?"

He nods.

"I already emailed my teachers and told mom, but I wanted you to be my first friend who knew!"

"I'm honored, Korie...thank you!"

The bell rings, making Korie and I have to part ways.

"Bye bye, Y/N! See you at lunch!" He calls as he races up the stairs to the third floor.

My class is just down the hall, so I have the luxury of taking a slow stroll to my first class.

I sit down in the first row and set my backpack down in the floor beside me.

"Hey, stranger!" Java smiles at me and sits next to me.

"Wow, Java?!"

"Yup! I was experimenting with labels over the summer, and I'm still non-binary, but I've been using the term demigirl, so...a she/her once in a while would be appreciated alongside the he and they..." she looks embarrassed.

"No worries!"

I decide not to tell them about Korie. He will tell him when he's ready.

Speaking of LGBT folk, I get another surprise.

"Hey, Y/N!"

"Steven Dirken?! Or...Steph?!"

He laughs.

"Yeah! I decided to come back here for my senior year. I grew up in this town, moved away a million times...got scared off by Jason...but I wanna graduate here!" He smiles.

This year is already full of surprises!