06

"Then guess what he said!" Chrissy exclaimed

"Then guess what he said!" Chrissy exclaimed. She was telling you the latest update on her boyfriend, Jason. If you were honest, you didn't like him very much, but Chrissy is happy with him so you support her.

However, right now, your mind was elsewhere and, unfortunately, you were never very good at being subtle when your concentration was wavering.
"Y/N? Hello?" Chrissy's hand waved in front of your face.
Giving her a sheepish smile, you apologise. "Oops sorry! You were saying?" you encourage her to continue. Unwillingly, your eyes slide back over to a point somewhere behind your friend's shoulder.
"Never mind. But what are you even looking at?" Chrissy follows your gaze, turning her head as she surveys the area behind her.

It takes her a few seconds to find your point of interest in the midst of all the other people. "Oh! Of course! I don't know what else I expected if I'm honest." She laughs, facing you again. "Why don't you go speak to him?"
"He's speaking to the Henderson kid, I don't want to interrupt."

The 'him' in question is slouched against a tree, his arms folded, laughing at something the younger boy standing next to him had said. The older boy was called Eddie Munson. He had an air of coolness about him which made him intimidating, to say the least. You thought he was incredibly attractive and Chrissy knew all about your feelings for him.

Eddie must've felt your gaze on him as he suddenly looked in your direction, smirking when he saw you watching. Quickly averting your eyes, you tuned back in to what Chrissy was saying.
"You've been eyeing him for weeks Y/N, you have to do something about it!"
"Mm, I just don't want to be rejected."
"As if he'd reject you Y/N. Anyone would be lucky to have you and besides-"

"Hello." A voice interrupts.
Your eyes widen seeing who has come to join you as Chrissy screams, spinning around. "Oh my god, you gave me a heart attack."
"Sorry," Eddie chuckles, holding his hand out in an apology. He looks over at you and smirks again. "You okay Y/N? You look like you've seen a ghost."
"I-err. Yeah, I'm," you clear your throat. "I'm good. Yeah."

Chrissy looks at you, raising her eyebrows. "Ask him out," she mouthes, not so subtly.
You shake your head, returning your attention to Eddie, whose eyes are flicking between you and Chrissy.
"So..." you say, bobbing your head awkwardly.
"So..." Eddie repeats. "I couldn't help but notice you looking over at me and was wondering if you needed anything." He smiles teasingly, his eyes gleaming.
You feel your face warm as you hear Chrissy try to stifle a laugh from beside you.
"Oh. It was an accident. Sorry." You run your hand through your hair anxiously.

Eddie raises an eyebrow. "Were those times in the cafeteria and in the corridors also an accident?"
The blush grows deeper on your cheeks as Chrissy accidentally lets out a loud laugh, slapping her hand over her mouth. "Sorry," she shrugs, still giggling slightly. Eddie looks at her, an amused expression upon his face whilst Chrissy turns to look at you, seemingly apologetic.

However, you don't get to react to Chrissy as Eddie returns his gaze to you.
"I believe you never answered my question." He gives you a playful smile.
"That's because I chose to ignore your question," you say, failing to come up with a better response.
"Mhm. Is that because you know I'm right?"

Unsure how to reply, you just roll your eyes, trying - and failing - to act unbothered.
"Well," Eddie continues. "Since you seem to like staring at me a lot, I was wondering if you wanted to come and stare at me on stage at one of my shows. My band, Corroded Coffin, is playing downtown tonight." He produces a flyer from within his back pocket and hands it to you.
You hesitate, looking down at the piece of paper in your hands. Obviously, you would like to go, but you feel like that would suggest to Eddie that you do like to look at him and, while that may be true, in the least creepy way possible, you definitely would not like to admit it to him.

Sensing your silence, Chrissy speaks up. "She would love to! Wouldn't you Y/N?" She nudges you, encouraging you to agree.
Eddie looks at you, almost hopefully, as if he genuinely wants you to go.
"Yeah. Okay. Sure. I'll be there," you ramble.
"Cool. See you later." Eddie nods and with a satisfied smile he walks back to Dustin, leaving you with a flurry of butterflies in your stomach.

Turning to Chrissy, you glare at her, but your heart is not really in it. You're too happy to be annoyed.
"What's that face for?" She asks, laughing.
"For embarrassing me." You try not to smile, to keep up your angry façade.
"Oh please. Without me, you wouldn't have secured a date with your one true love."
"It is so not a date. Other people will be there."
"So? You should pay attention to the way he looks at you! He's definitely into you. All that flirting is so obvious." She wiggles her eyebrows, smiling smugly.

At her words, your stomach flips with excitement. You really hope she's right. Either way, you're definitely glad to have been invited to one of his shows.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
hey!!!! surprise update just because i felt
like it ahahah!

i feel like one's a bit sloppy but i hope it's not too bad agh
i guess everyone's their own worst
critic anyway so🙈🙈

i hope you enjoyed!
and
thanks for reading <3
- mia💌