Story 1 chp 2: To Hell With It

"Get off of me!" Beomgyu yelled, shoving Yeonjun off.

"Hey, what did you do that for?!" Yeonjun yelled in response.

"What do you mean 'what'?! You kissed me!"

"So?"

"I never consented to it!"

"But you said 'sure' when I asked if it was okay!"

"That's because I never actually expected you to kiss me. You're always flirting with everyone without ever being serious about it, so how the hell was I supposed to know?!"

Beomgyu's comment made Yeonjun pause for a moment.

Taehyun, now fully sober from the yelling, chimed in. "Beomgyu's right, hyung. You guys flirt & kiss each other's cheeks all the time, but never on the lips. If I was Beomgyu, I wouldn't be okay, either."

Yeonjun glanced at Beomgyu, Taehyun, then Beomgyu again, reading their expressions. "Okay, fine," Yeonjun said, nodding his head. "You guys are right, I shouldn't have kissed Beomgyu like that.

Actually, it's not that I mind him kissing, I just wish it wasn't in a moment like that, Beomgyu thought to himself. He shook his head to clear the thought. "Good, now apologize," Beomgyu ordered.

"I'm sorry... for being a good kisser," Yeonjun remarked.

I mean he isn't wrong but seriously... "Yeonjun! I'm being serious here!"

"And so am I!" Yeonjun huffed. "Forget it. I'm going to bed. I'll see you all tomorrow," he said before rushing off to his room.

"Yeonjun! Hey! Come back here!" Beomgyu called after him.

"Let him go," Taehyun said, placing a hand on Beomgyu's shoulder. "He's had a lot to drink tonight. I'm sure he'll come back to his senses tomorrow morning. You can talk it out then."

Beomgyu pondered it. Indeed, Yeonjun did consume a lot of alcohol that night. Beomgyu couldn't blame him; it was their 5 year debut anniversary, and they didn't have work the following day. Beomgyu too planned on getting drunk with the others. So he decided to let it go for now. The talk could wait until later.

+×+

In his room, Yeonjun lay staring at the ceiling. In his head, he had a debate of thoughts.

What did I just do? Did I really kiss Beomgyu? I mean, he did look adorable. And his lips were so pretty, shining in the light of the living room... He turned on his side. He said I could, did he not? Wasn't saying "sure" consent? Yeonjun turned back to his back, scoffing. So what if we flirt all the time? Why can't I take the chance to go a step further? Yes, I flirt with everyone, but I thought he knew by the way I flirt with him that my feelings go deeper than friendship. I know I'm not the best at using words, but I thought I had made it obvious by my actions. I thought he could tell by the way I cuddle him, kiss his cheek, take care of him, and take suggestive poses. Yeonjun flipped on his side again. Could it be that he doesn't like me? Is that why he shoved me away? But I thought he did... Beomgyu never turned me away whenever I cuddled with him, kissed his cheek, showered him with affection, or danced provocatively against him. That's why I thought he did, is that so wrong? He flirted back too! He always suggested kisses on the cheek, and playfully ate the kisses I gave him! So if he says to kiss him like that, even if it was on the lips, I'm gonna say to hell with it and kiss him on the lips because why the hell not?! Yeonjun flipped on his back again, grabbing his face with a groan. Let's just go to sleep, Yeonjun, and hope he doesn't remember in the morning.

+×+

The next morning, Yeonjun awoke to the sound of Beomgyu's room (which was right next to his)'s door being harshly swung open, then the sound of the bathroom door quickly being opened then slammed shut. Yeonjun let out a quiet chuckle. He's probably regretting getting drunk off his ass last night, he thought. As Yeonjun sat up, he could feel a headache coming on. Me too.