Her back hit the ground. She had landed next to the rose bushes. It was inexplicable. Waves of new emotions came over her. The wind had been accurately knocked out of her. She was breathless and in pain, she'd never experienced anything like that before.

She pulled herself to her feet. Not believing her eyes.

Ophelia, the girl she thought she knew, held a sword and charged at the copy of Mr. Norman. It was a battle. People walked by and said nothing. As though they weren't even seeing it.

Victoria's breath hitched in her throat as the sword passed through the copy's body. It didn't bleed, it dissolved into ash. The disbelief, the shock, horror, it all set in at once. She hadn't even noticed that Mr. Norman had come toward her.

"Come along, Victoria." he spoke. She looked to him.

"What the hell was that? Is this some weird cult or comic-con thing?" she questioned as she began to freak out. Mr. Norman shook his head.

"No, I can't explain it here. You aren't safe." he replied. She blinked and let out a scoff.

"What the hell is going on?" Victoria asked. He sighed and glanced to Ophelia who made her way to his side and she sent him a nod of encouragement.

"That thing that Ophelia killed, was a shapeshifter. It was sent to kill you." he told her. She furrowed her brows.

"What? Why?"

He glanced back to Ophelia. She had hidden the sword away.

"You are very special, Victoria. There are beings that seek your kind out." Ophelia spoke. Victoria's mind went into a million different directions. She was having problems coming to terms with the new information.

"Special? You're kidding, right?" 

"No, we aren't." Ophelia replied almost solemnly. Mr. Norman turned to Ophelia.

"Take her to her mother. Explain everything and meet me at the temple." he told her. Ophelia nodded and took Victoria's hand before practically dragging her across the street. Even coming close to kicking the door down as she barged into the house.

"Ms. Thorn? Ms. Thorn?" she shouted as she walked in the house. Victoria attempted to wriggle her way out of Ophelia's grasp. Victoria's mother, Anna walked in the room from the kitchen.

"Shut the hell up, will you? I'm trying to watch the news." her stepfather, Fred yelled from the couch. He went ignored.

"What is it, girls?" Anna inquired.

"It's time." Ophelia told her grimly. Anna nodded and rushed to Victoria's room, coming out with a packed bag. 

"Let's go." Anna spoke hurriedly, going out of the door. She took the keys from Victoria's hands. It didn't take long for Anna to start speeding down the road. Victoria continued to freak out internally.

"Are you alright, Victoria?" Anna questioned. Victoria's head snapped back to her mother.

"Am I okay?" she repeated. "I just saw my best friend pull a wonder woman and cut Mr. Norman's twin's head off and to top it all off, there are a bunch of... things that are out to kill me."

"That is not fair, I'm not even closely related to Zeus." Ophelia spoke up from the back.

"What?"

"Thanks for that, Ophelia." Anna grumbled. Victoria glanced between Ophelia and her mother.

"Mom, what's happening?" she asked. Anna let out a sigh.

"It's hard to explain and we don't have a lot of time." Anna replied.

"Where are we going?"

"I'm taking you to a special school, for people like you." Anna told her. 

"The one that dad told you about." Victoria concluded. Anna nodded.

"I never wanted you to go. It means... it means that I may never see you again. The life you may lead... its..." Anna trailed off.

"It might get you killed." Ophelia finished for her. Victoria turned toward Ophelia.

"Who are you?" Victoria asked. Ophelia cleared her throat and put her hand on her chest.

"My bad. I'm Ophelia Lockwood and I'm the Great-Great-Great Granddaughter of Hades." she spoke.

"I seriously have no idea what you're saying."

Ophelia looked to Anna. "You didn't even teach her about them? Come on, I'm trying to stick up for you."

It was sudden. The car flipped. Victoria's vision blurred, but as everything went black, she saw someone approaching the car.

                                                                                        ~

Hello!!

I hope everything's okay with you all. I'm still having problems with writer's block. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Please vote and comment below!!

Have a good night!!

Thanks for reading!!!