Victoria woke up in a room. It was a hospital-ish room, it seemed as though it was new but gave the feel of ancient times. She sat up, there was no one else in there. It was just her.

It felt like a dream. It had to be a dream. She was fine. Her mom was fine and Ophelia wasn't a descendant of a god. Her shoes were on the floor beside the bed. She rushed and slid them back on her feet.

"Oh good, you're awake." a blonde girl spoke cheerfully. Her soft golden hair flowing as she approached Victoria. 

Victoria stood with a look of panic and confusion. The girl got closer and Victoria saw the door and bolted despite the girl's pleas.

A boy with a sword came at her and she slid underneath it as if it were instinct, adding more to her confusion. She stood and continued to run even after that.

She didn't know where she was, she didn't know where she was going. She was just going away to somewhere safe until she could think. She tripped on a root halfway through her run in the forest and went tumbling down a hill, hitting rocks, trees and pretty much everything else. Victoria landed on the bottom of the hill with a small bounce and groan.

Right in front of her, she saw feet and looked up. Eyes that looked like the Caribbean sea stared  back at her. Disheveled and messy hair that seemed darker than a black hole falling over his face. Victoria took notice of the blade on his hip. 

Getting up and running again didn't seem like a good idea. She was slightly injured from the fall and most likely wouldn't get away fast enough.

"Who are you?" he asked her. She stuttered for a moment.

"Not really anyone. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I'm having a psychotic episode or something crazy."

He stared at her questionably for a moment before offering her his hand. She took it cautiously before he hauled her to her feet.

"Do you have a powerful relative?"

She paused. "Well, my stepfather can kick my ass when he's sober." 

"No, I mean like a god."

She blinked a few times as the realization that she had not been dreaming at all hit her like a transport truck on a highway. 

"Uh, no."

He gave her a puzzled look. "Then how'd you-"

"Jason, thank the gods that you found her. I'll take it from here." a voice spoke. The boy turned back, turning his athletic frame which allowed Victoria to see that it was Mr. Norman and Ophelia.

"Yes, sir." the boy-Jason spoke, glancing back to Victoria with curiosity before walking away, past Ophelia and Mr. Norman. Only, Mr. Norman was walking upright without his cane and he looked far different than the man she knew. He looked younger, better built even. 

Victoria walked toward them. On one hand, she was mad at Ophelia for keeping her heritage a secret, but on the other hand, she understood why she had done it.

"How are you, dear?" Mr. Norman asked her.

"Where's my mom?" she countered. Mr. Norman looked to Ophelia who lowered her head sadly.

"She didn't make it, Victoria." she admitted sadly. Victoria felt a wave of sadness, but that sadness turned into a tsunami of rage.

"I'm sorry." Ophelia apologized. Victoria held back the tears. Her mother said that they may never see each other again and Victoria didn't have a reason not to believe her, Anna was almost always right.