꧁Chapter 7꧂

"Y-you-!!" The maid was embarrassed. How dare a peasant do something like this to her?! Never once in her whole life had she ever been this embarrassed.

She stretched her index finger to point to Penelope and was prepared to speak such harsh words to her yet looking at Penelope right now that seemed to not be bothered. Her words got stuck on her throat.

If she happens to speak such words, she'd be the only one embarrassed and would feel that she was punching a cotton!

She could only bit her lower lip. While Penelope putted the glass back to the table. She turned to look at the one who poured her glass a water earlier and smiled. The maid knew what she was asking her to do with just that simple smile as she immediately went over and poured her a new cup of water.

Such an act like this... Is she not afraid I'll tell this to the duke?! The maid on the floor thought as she immediately tried standing up, taking the fork along with her. She standded up and clenched the hem of her uniform.

The one pouring just looked at her with a pitiful gaze before heading back to the side. This made the woman even more embarrassed and fuming with anger.

Staring at Penelope who was staring at her plate without sparing her a glance, she was fuming with anger! Her body trembled, she can't take it anymore!

She had recalled the incident where Penelope smirked at her after pouring her water. That sly smirk, this... How humiliating!

She stretched her right hand out, lifted it in the air and intended to slap Penelope. The others who saw it gasped and immediately tried to stop her. But it was too late.

SLAP!

A red thick mark appeared on Penelope's cheek as her head that was facing the plate earlier turned sideways. Her eyes slightly widening.

There was a long dead silence that filled the whole room. Everyone stared at the scene with widened eyes, jaws dropped. No one moved nor speak. It was dead silent.

Penelope moved her pupils to look at her cheeks as she stretched her hand out to touch the now red cheek. It was painful. Yet nothing compared to Emily's needles.

Penelope blinked. She rubbed her red cheek as she moved her pupils to meet the eyes of the embarrassed woman. She doesn't seem to have realized what she's done and doesn't have a sense of guilt in it.

Penelope was the same. Why should she be guilty? And besides, this woman... had one long history with Penelope on one of her lifetimes...

A very long one... In one of her past lives or on one of the lives she's live in.. This woman was one of the people who mocked and accused her. In one of her lifetimes, Penelope was really naive on that timeline.

That maid... manipulated her. She always says to Penelope on what she should do and the result, Penelope would be humiliated and the first young master or the duke will scold her. She was naive back then.

That maid used Penelope to live in luxury in secret. She would always ask Penelope if she could borrow one of the things that she had brought or what the duke gave her to use it for herself. She even sold one of them...

To be honest, just pouring a glass of water to her was not enough. How about throwing her to the sea and feed her to the kraken? That would be great.

Wait, why am i thinking such things?

Penelope shook her head on her mind as she shrugged the idea of. If she we're to do that, she was sure she'd receive a life long hours of scolding from the first young master and her reputation would seize to fall among the social circle.