꧁Chapter 8꧂

Penelope sighed as she left the greenhouse, pursing her lips as she stopped on her tracks, turning around to take a small glance at the greenhouse before frowning,

Sighing once again and immediately turned around to walk back to her room.

Halfway through, Penelope met an unexpected guest.

She stopped on her tracks and remained still for a second, her eyes widening before immediately closing back, bowing down and saying, "Greetings to the First Young Master"

Derrick, who happened to bump into Penelope on the way to the greenhouse, frowned slightly. Derrick did not reply while Penelope took a step forward, passing by derrick as if the two we're strangers.

Just as Penelope passed by, Derrick spoke on his usual cold tone,

"I heard about what happened at the greenhouse"

This sentence made Penelope stop walking, silently clenching her fists as she pursed her lips, her eyes slightly squinting as she reluctantly looked back.

"The incident had happened not that long ago, im surprised that the first young master was able to hear the news on such a short amount of time. I wonder how?"

Penelope took the courage to say those words, her eyebrows slightly frowning as she took the time to stare at the back of derrick.

Derrick soon frowned as he heard those words, looking back at Penelope who immediately changed her facial expression to an innocent look.

"It would seem that my new sister has been getting quite bold lately.."

Derrick squinted his eyes as he examined Penelope who had a stiff demeanor.

Penelope who was standing still stiffened up as she stared at the favorality on top of derricks head, her demeanor stiffening as she laughed awkwardly.

——[0%]

The number went back to zero. It's best not to offend derrick now or else the aftermath might be worse.

"Pardon me, first young master. I did not mean to offend you"

Penelope squeezed out a small forced smile as she bowed slightly, trying to excuse herself away.

Derrick did not reply and just turned around to face the hallway heading to the greenhouse, spatting out the words before he left,

"I hope you remember your purpose on this mansion. Don't act rash that may ruin the ducal's reputation"

Derrick said those words before leaving, leaving Penelope who frowned. His favorality has decreased, his favorality meter is certainly something that can not be messed upon.

"This is the worst" Penelope bit her lips before turning around to go back to her room.

Penelope opened the door slightly as she sighed lightly. Penelope was about to push the door open before a voice sounded behind her.

"Hey you dumb rat"

Reynold, who was walking towards Penelope with a calm demeanor, called out to Penelope stopping her from opening the door to her room.

Penelope just remained silent before forcing her whole body to turn around and meet Reynold's gaze who stopped walking in front of her.

"I heard about what happened at the greenhouse. I heard you splashed water on top of a maids head and even humiliated her" Reynold said to Penelope with a frowning expression plastered on his face.

Penelope could only squeeze out a forced small smile before nodding, "Yes...I did" A plain response was given to Reynold who paid no mind onto it. His face suddenly turning into a mocking expression.

"Ha! Im surprised a peasant from the slums can even do such a thing... Looks like the life of a noble has gotten into you, huh. To think your doing such a bold move, inside the Eckart Duchy at that...!!"

Reynold gritted his teeth as he glared furiously at Penelope. "Listen here you little rat... That position that you have right now does not belong to you. It is merely a temporary position and you have no right to do something as you please!!"

Reynold placed his index finger at Penelope's forehead as he yelled, "Get this little info to that measly little head of yours! This position and place that your in right now belongs to my biological younger sister!! A rat like you can't even dream of stealing her position!"

"Once my biological sister returns and was found back... You will have yourself returned to that life you once had! Don't get cocky you little brat" Reynold gritted his teeth before placing both hands on his pockets.

Turning around as he left one last sentence to say to Penelope, "Don't do any unnecessary things while your here at the Duchy or any social gatherings that may ruin the Eckart's reputation. I warn you in advance"

With that, Reynold left Penelope alone who remained still and silent. Staring quietly at Reynolds back who left. Staring above the leaving Reynolds head to see his favorality...

——[0%]

How stupid.

Penelope returned inside her room and immediatedly closed the door shut. Remaining silent as her gaze turned cold, biting her lower lip as she clenched both of her fists.

It was stupid to think that this family would change. It was merely a miracle that the other her was able to change this stupid family. How..

Penelope lets out a groan as she gritted her teeth. I shouldn't have any hope.. i shouldn't have any hope that this family will ever love me. Let alone protect her and defend her for such false accusations.

"Never even bothering to find out the truth... How stupid" Penelope just took a step forward and went to her bed, laying down on her stomach with her hands above her head, Penelope thought about what happened earlier.

Will there ever be a chance... That someone... A  certain someone will be able to understand her and her thoughts... Someone who will stay by her side..?

------------------------------------------------------------------
To be continued~
----------------------------------------