Chapter 10

"It's been a while, huh?" Kakashi spoke to her for the first time. 

They were hiding in the trees, looking at Kushina feeding ducks. 

"Yeah..." 

"I'm sorry I missed your 16th birthday. I was on a mission in the Land of Lightning." 

"It's okay, don't worry. I spent it with the elderly's. They were a lot of fun, to be honest." she said turning away. 

She was lying. She spent it alone. She didn't even get out of bed that day. She spent it waiting, hoping Kakashi would come by just for a moment. Just to say hi, but he didn't. 

"I can hear in your voice when you're lying. You know that, right? Your voice gets a tad bit higher." he placed a hand on her shoulder. 

"It does not!" she roughly turned around with a furious look. 

It made Kakashi chuckle. He missed her, her smile, her eyes, her everything. She means the world to him, all he wants is for her to be happy. 

She chuckled as well. Just his presence makes the pain in her heart vanish. 

As the night fell y/n got sleepy. 

"Can I rest for a while?" she asked Kakashi who just nodded. 

She leaned on his shoulder catching him by surprise. He hasn't hugged her in so long. He missed it. He pulled a little blanket out of his backpack and cover her with it. Her breathing evened out, she fell asleep. 

He planted a small hiss on the top of her head and laid her on his lap. He figured it's far more comfortable that way. Stroking her hair slowly he started humming that tune she taught him. What he didn't know was that she was still awake. Her cheeks were painted red and her lips shivered. She didn't want him to know she was awake, let alone the embarrassment behind it. 

Months passed, the two grew close together again. He told her tales of his missions, the people he met and all the nations he's been to. He didn't have too bad time. 

She had no tales to tell him so she was usually the one listening. He perfected his Sharingan and got over the fear of using Chidori. His nightmares were not so common anymore. She was glad he was healing. 

"Do you ever plan on leaving the Anbu?" she asked him one day. 

"I don't know." he replied. 

Where would he go if he did leave Anbu? He had little to no life outside of it. 

"You can always become a Jonin leader to the Genins..." she gave an idea. 

"Yeah and command kids older than me." he laughed. 

He was a really young Jonin. Not many make it that far that soon. Some don't even become Chunin and he's out here a Jonin since he was 9. 

"You two are dismissed from the mission. Kushina's due date is tomorrow. I thank you both very much." Minato said. 

Y/n was kind of sad because it's all over. She loved the time she spent with Kakashi, and the bond they built all over again. She was scared of losing it. 

Leaving Minato's office she ran towards Kakashi. 

"Wait up! What do you say to a cup of ramen?"

"Sure." he replied. 

"We haven't done this in a while. Ever since Rin and I graduated! That was such a long time ago..." y/n was commenting as they were walking towards Ichiraku.