Prologue

Merope Riddle knocked on the door of the house she grew up in. Her hands were shaky, her dress was shredded, bruises littered all around her body, her once petite figure became skinnier than normal except for her huge stomach which is currently housing a child.

A child she had with a muggle. A half blood child. A child which is the definition of disgrace. A child made while the father is under a love potion.

It has been seven years since she saw her father. Seven years since she ran away from home. She knew her father would be highly displeased by her mere presence. Her father was far from being a good father. He was abusive, manipulative and controlling. He never loved her because of the fact that she's a woman, not a man.

After her third knock at the door, it opened revealing Marvolo Gaunt in all his glory. The stoic face and stiff posture.

"You dare to show your face here after running off with a muggle you wretched whore?!" Marvolo growled at his daughter.

"Father please. I knew I was wrong. You were right. He didn't accept me after knowing I was a witch. Forgive me, please father. I need you." Merope cried holding her huge belly. She was desperate. Homeless, alone and pregnant.

Then Marvolo understood what his daughter wanted. She wanted him to take him back so they can raise his grandchild."I will not accept that abomination in my family! It's blood is tainted! Impure! Unacceptable!"

"But...you need an heir father! I am your only child and this babe I'm carrying is a boy! He can be your heir!" Merope bargained. But her father only laughed at her cruelly.

"Heir? I do not need you halfblood spawn as an heir. I have an heir. Your younger brother, six years old. He will continue to carry the legacy of the House of Gaunt. The legacy of the family you are no longer a part of." Marvolo's statement crushed the tiniest hope that Merope was holding on to.

When Merope refused to leave and continued to plead, Marvolo became irritated that he threw an unforgivable curses at his daughter. Crucio. It was the last thing Merope heard before she apparated away. She went into an early labor in the alley a few blocks away from an orphanage.

She was screaming for hours but no one heard for she silenced herself. Then, Thomas Marvolo Riddle was born, a babe named after the two most important men for his mother who were also the men who hurt his mother the most. With her last strength, she took her son towards the doorstep of the orphanage, leaving him and hoping he'd have a better life than hers.

That night, the dark lord was born.

Morfin Gaunt was clueless about everything. For him, that night was one of those normal nights where his father would check on him to see if he's asleep. If he is, his father would nod his head and walk away. If he isn't, his father would chastise him and make him go to sleep. He never knew he had an older sister or a nephew. All he knew was his father's word.

'You are our family's future. Make me proud.'

And he did. In his forty nine years of existence, he had become the man that his father wanted him to be. When he entered Hogwarts, he was the Slytherin prince. He was an excellent student and had created connections with other Pureblood heirs and heiress.

He saw having a wife as an inconvenience so he did what he does best. He focused on cultivating the family magic, the magical research, politics and making sure their wealth increases. But when his father died, he realized that he needs an heir.

Then he met Lucretia Prewett neé Black. Lucretia is a very ambitious and vain woman. She loathed her husband who was impotent. She envied her brother, Orion's wife who was currently pregnant with their first child. While she'd been married for eight years and since it was an arranged marriage, she didn't have any say in it. She was married to a red haired and plump man who couldn't get her pregnant.

So when Lucretia and Morfin met, it was a match made in hell. They went to Paris for a week with the goal of producing an heir. Their relationship was built with pure lust, no emotional attachments. After a week, Lucretia did fall pregnant. They hid the pregnancy for it would be a huge scandal if their affair was discovered. Thankfully, Ignatius Prewett was too busy with his niece and nephews to care about his estranged wife. They're only married in papers anyway.

Lucretia and Morfin didn't expect to have triplets. But when she went into labor, Lucretia's life was only hanging by a thread. Ungrateful brats! She carried them for nine months yet this is how they repay her, by almost killing her in labor. Her wish to become a mother disappeared after she almost died giving birth.

Morfin didn't mind. He had heirs. He knew his family was blessed after receiving three gifts. Magical triplets. They will hold the most power in the wizarding world. Three is a magical number. Lady Magic had given him two sons and a daughter. He decided to hide them from the world. He decided he'd personally teach and train them.

Salazar Slytherin made sure his family and descendants would become the most knowledgeable wizards and witches. He had a whole library of the books that was taught in Hogwarts, books that were banned and forbidden for young wizards and witches. You see before Godric Gryffindor banished him from Hogwarts, they already have a disagreement about the school's curriculum. Salazar wanted them to teach Dark Arts and Black Magic too but the other founders think that those kind of magic would corrupt the minds of the students. It would without proper guidance. I wouldn't if it was taught properly.

Morfin Gaunt raised his children. His eldest Izar Marcus Gaunt had became just like him. His second eldest, Caden Perseus Gaunt was more like the rebirth of Salazar, cunning and genius in potions. His youngest, his only daughter Athanasia Estelle Gaunt reminded him of his mother, aloof, ambitious, cunning and manipulative and Morfin is proud of it. Izar always had ways to get what he wants. Caden is good at negotiations. Athanasia can make people do what she wants them to do.

"The three of you are the future of this family. Make us proud." that was Morfin's words that engraved themselves in his children's head.

He didn't focus on instilling blood supremacy. But he did make sure his children understood that Purebloods, muggle-borns, half-bloods, halfbreeds, squibs, and muggles are different. He was overprotective of his children. He knows he's suffocating them but he would never let them get hurt, in his own twisted way. One of the reasons why he doesn't want them to go out in the open was because of their mother. He doesn't want that vile woman to hurt his children. He'd let them hate him but he would never let them get hurt by others.

His children's lack of human interactions bothered him but was solved when his children found a room with the memories of all of their family members. They were able to learn how to act in front of real humans through reliving the memory of their ancestors and the generations before them.

But then Tom Marvolo Riddle found Morfin Gaunt's sanctuary. His nephew killed him in front of his children who were hiding.