1 : ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴘʜᴇᴄʏ

August 1975

August 1975

The Gaunts were a mystery for the whole wizarding community. They are too mysterious. Three decades had passed since the last Gaunt entered Hogwarts. No one knew about their family's well being. No one even knew if there were still living family members. No one but the Albus Dumbledore.

But even the headmaster's knowledge isn't much. There's Tom Riddle, the son of Merope Riddle neé Gaunt. After Hogwarts, he had been building himself an army so he could rise to be the greatest Dark Lord.

And then there's Morfin Gaunt. All he knew is that after Morfin Gaunt graduated at Hogwarts, he hadn't married and hadn't included himself in anything except the Wizegamont. Even Pureblood families had a hard time talking to that man.  It is rumored that he's the former lover of Lucretia Prewett neé Black.

Imagine Albus Dumbledore's surprise when a letter was sent to him by the ministry about Morfin Gaunt's orphaned children being demanded to enter Hogwarts. It has been a day since Morfin Gaunt's murder was published in the Daily Prophet. The details were vague but Dumbledore knew who did it. But what bothered him was the fact that the Gaunt lord was able to hide the fact that he had heirs. A girl and two boys were born fifteen years ago. They would be entering Hogwarts as fifth years.

Athanasia Estelle Gaunt, Caden Perseus Gaunt and Izar Marcus Gaunt were forced to go to the wizarding school by the ministry for three reasons;

One... They must complete their OWLS and NEWTS examination,

Two... They must enter for they do not have a magical guardian and they're all underage, and

Three... They need to attend a magical school if they want to keep their lordships and ladyship.

After all, they are the heirs of the houses Slytherin, Gaunt and Peverell. Although the Potters are also candidates for the Peverell heirship, Cadmus Peverell is older than Ignotus thus one of the Gaunt children is going to be the first in line.

Albus Dumbledore feared one thing, to repeat the same mistake again. Thus he visited his old friend Cassandra Trelawney. But when he arrived at her house, he was disappointed to find out that Cassandra had died fifteen years ago from her great granddaughter, Sybil.

But before she died, she left one last prophecy.

Three souls born from the house of death,
Shall pay for the crime of their blood with blood,
As dark times approach one death is the key,
The one born with the eyes of darkness is destined to bring greatness,
The one born last will discover the past,
The one who took the first breath will find a cure for death,
The protector of the present,
The keeper of the past,
And the maker of the future,
The fate's trinity possesses the war's victory.

The moment he heard the prophecy, he knew he had to keep them in his side. He's sure that the Gaunt triplets are the subjects of the prophecy. It's uncommon to have magical twins. But magical triplets? It is the rarest birth. It had been a hundred and sixty years since the last magical triplets had been born. He couldn't blame Morfin Gaunt for keeping them out of the public's eyes.

Three souls born from the house of death. The triplets.

Shall pay for the crime of their blood with blood. Voldemort is their cousin.

As dark times approach one death is the key. Their existence came to light after their father's death.

The one born with the eyes of darkness is destined to bring greatness,
The one born last will discover the past,
The one who took the first breath will find a cure for death,
The protector of the present,
The keeper of the past,
And the maker of the future. He must uncover the meaning of this. He must discover who is who.

The fate's trinity possesses the war's victory. He must make sure that the Gaunt triplets would stay on the Light side.

Now, he find himself in front of the current minister of magic, Eugenia Jenkins. The Minister of Magic had been discussing the triplets' guardianship to Albus. They no longer have any relatives that can stand as their magical guardian. Well there's Tom Riddle but he isn't an option. The triplets must stay in Hogwarts until they come of age two years from now. They'll discuss with the triplets the arrangements during summer vacations.

Since they're the last members of their families, they're bound to inherit the Ladyship and Lordships now. That means they'll be granted access to their properties and vaults at Gringotts. But they wouldn't be eligible to take their family's seat in Wizengamot until they come of age and finish their OWLS and NEWTS at Hogwarts. As the school's headmaster, Dumbledore is their temporary magical guardian while they haven't appointed their desired magical guardian.

The Gaunt triplets would be joining Hogwarts as fifth years, although their knowledge is above the fifth year's knowledge they must attend the class according to their age. The Hogwarts headmaster already called for a brief meeting with the other professors and told them about the arrangements. There wasn't any problem anymore. Although they did have to prepare for it is no secret that the Gaunts are Salazar Slytherin's descendants. They must prepare the heir rooms in each houses.

To say that the Gaunt triplets are bored is a huge understatement. A month of celebrating their father's death isn't as exciting as the first week. Don't get them wrong. Morfin Gaunt wasn't a bad father. But he was strict as hell. He had forbid his children for ever going out if their warded manor on a deserted island. The island wasn't bad. But it was deserted! The only people were them, their house elves and their father.

But then a month ago, a man named Tom Riddle who fancied calling himself the Dark Lord Voldemort came to their island and killed their father. Luckily, they were inside a disillusioned chest with extendable charm which kept them undetected, but they saw everything.

Before Lord Voldemort killed Morfin, he spouted a very long speech about how he loathed Morfin and there grandfather Marvolo. If Marvolo didn't shut his mother out and hit her with a cruciatus curse, maybe Merope Riddle would still be alive. Maybe he wouldn't have to live in an orphanage where he was abused and mistreated. But then the irony because he deemed his mother weak and pathetic for falling in love with a filthy muggle. He ranted about how he would've killed his mother himself for giving him filthy muggle blood in his veins.

He admitted that he was jealous of Morfin when he entered Hogwarts and Morfin was in his last year. Morfin was the perfect pureblood heir with a lot of money and a lot of connection. Tom Riddle had to earn everything he had because he was a halfblood bastard conceived under a love potion. It was unfair.

After another speech about how he loathed the Gaunts with the same intensity of hate he had with the Riddles, Lord Voldemort shot the killing curse onto Morfin Gaunt's chest. Morfin Gaunt died but he didn't die with fear in his eyes. He died with a smirk towards Tom Riddle sending the message he wanted. Tom might have killed him but he didn't surpassed him. He never will because Morfin Gaunt left something invaluable. He left his legacies.

They mourned him, yes. But they also celebrated their newly acquired freedom. But their celebration was cut short by the Ministry of Magic's visit telling them they have to attend a wizarding school. They only said yes because it was built by their ancestor. But they show how displeased they are with the fact that they had to have a magical guardian. They'll let the other wizards get what they want. It's only a matter of time before they find a magical guardian they can control thus they'll humor the oblivious ministry and foolish headmaster.

Hogwarts, gird your loins for the heirs are finally here.