Mine [Ateez]

···· Seonghwa x Jongho ····

★f l u f f★

tw: past abusive relationship, obsessive and crazy ex, forced relationship, uncomfortable age gap (past relationship), homophobia

let me know if I missed anything

(I know the age differences aren't right, just go with it)

"HE'S MINE!!"

Seonghwa blankly stares at the woman screaming in his face as he steps in front of his boyfriend to protect him. He can feel Jongho shaking as the younger grips tightly to the older's jacket. Seonghwa is barely holding back his anger at the woman.

*flashback/backstory type thing*

Jongho had told Seonghwa about this woman before. After Jongho's parents practically disappeared, he was handed over to his aunt and her husband. They became his legal guardians when he was just seven years old. When he was 10 years old, they arranged (forced) him into a relationship with a rich upperclass woman 18 years older than him named Yang Chaeyoong. Chaeyoong was way happier than a 28 year old should have been to be in a relationship with a literal child. She quickly became incredibly abusive and overly possessive of Jongho.

When Jongho was 11, his guardians announced that he was to marry Chaeyoong later that year. He had already accepted his fate and didn't think  he would have any hope of escaping. A month later he met some of Chaeyoong's family and friends. It was obvious the younger ones weren't exactly fans of the age difference or the situation. In fact, most of the family didn't approve of the relationship, but none of them were going to do anything about it, especially because of how wealthy Jongho's aunt is.

Well, one of them decided to do something. The kid isn't even related to Chaeyoong, he was a close friend of her nephew. 13 year old Jung Wooyoung took one look at the 11 year old boy next to his friend's aunt and decided right then and there to save him. The two quickly became friends and Jongho told the whole story to Wooyoung and Wooyoung (with Jongho's permission) told his parents. All of them came up with a plan to not only get Jongho out of the relationship, but also out of his aunt's custody.

The plan was ready and it went into action the day before Jongho and Chaeyoong's wedding day. The day of the wedding, when the priest asked for any objections, the police came in. Jongho's aunt and her husband were arrested for many crimes other than abuse, so was Chaeyoong, and Wooyoung's parents got custody of Jongho.

Fast forward a few more years and the brothers are trainees getting ready to debut. They officially meet their band mates and Jongho instantly falls in love with the oldest, Seonghwa. Seonghwa falls in love too, but is scared because of the age gap. Seonghwa was turning 18 in a few days and Jongho was about halfway into 15.

After discussing with each other, the group, and the company, everyone agreed to let the two be together, but with limits; like no kissing and no sharing a room until Jongho is 17. And of course, keep it a secret. The boys agreed to all of the conditions, knowing they were meant for each other and were willing to wait as long as necessary.

Fast forward another few years and Jongho is 19 while Seonghwa is almost 22. They made their relationship official with each other, the group, and the company when Jongho was about five months into being 18. Sasaengs and Dispatch revealed their relationship shortly after Jongho's 19th birthday. Chaeyoong was released around that same time.

*Now back to the present time (Jongho is 19 and Seonghwa is almost 22)*

"HE IS MINE," Chaeyoong screams in Seonghwa's face again, "ALL MINE. WE NEVER REALLY BROKE IT OFF. HE'S STILL MY FIANCÉ. HE'S NOT A FAGGOT. YOU AND THE JUNG KID CORRUPTED HIM. YOU RUINED MY SWEET, INNOCENT LITTLE BABY. I WANT MY JONGIEPOO BACK!! WE NEVER BROKE IT OFF!! THIS IS CHEATING!!!"

"But we di-did," Jongho shakily says, still not coming out from his hiding spot behind Seonghwa and Seonghwa is happy about that, "we did bre-break it o-off. Re-remem-remember? All of the paperwork was signed and I even helped pay back some of the wedding expenses."

"STILL, YOU'RE STILL MINE! AND YOU," Chaeyoong yells back as she sticks her finger in Seonghwa's face, getting dangerously close to him, "YOU STOLE MY PROPERTY! MY JONGIEPOO!! MY SWEET, INNOCENT LITTLE BABY!! HE'S MINE, YOU DISGUSTING FAGGOT! AND DON'T THINK I FORGOT ABOUT YOU, LITTLE WOOYOUNGIE! YOU RUINED HIM TOO. THE MOMENT YOU TWO MET I KNEW YOU WOULD CORRUPT MY ANGEL!"

San holds tightly onto Wooyoung, knowing how much his boyfriend wants to punch this insane woman in the face. Not even because of what she said about Wooyoung himself, no, because of what she said about Seonghwa and Jongho. No one messes with Wooyoung's little brother. A lot of trainees learned that the hard way.

Chaeyoong is about to punch Seonghwa when Hongjoong arrives with security. She is immediately detained and taken away, probably to the police station.

Seonghwa turns around and hugs Jongho with as much love as he possibly can. Jongho leans back first, which causes the older to look at him in shock before he's tugged down for a kiss.

Seonghwa wraps his arms around the younger's waist as Jongho wraps his arms around the older's neck. Seonghwa kisses him deeply and with a ton of love, and Jongho returns the feelings with an even more intense kiss.

Are they making out in the middle of an airport surrounded by fans? Yes.

Do they care? No.

And neither do the cheering fans.

Or the awwwing group-mates.

🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧

a/n
fun fact: the longest wedding veil was longer than 63 football fields (about 23,000 ft)

do you want to break that record?

🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧